Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18MT w/Mamba glitchy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 PM
five21racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18MT w/Mamba glitchy?

I just got a RC18MT. It came with the mamda 25 esc and the comp. motor. I've reprogrammed the esc with different settings but still no luck. It seems like it glitches at 0 - 10 mph. The batteries in the stock Ae radio and full and the battery in the MT was full also.

Any ideas?

Not totaly sure on this one but, the truck acts like the front diff is working WAY too good/bad As in all the power is sent to the rear wheels. When I have it lifted in the air; the front wheels will spin when I apply throttle.

Again, any ideas?

Thanks guys
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC18MT w/Mamba glitchy?

What does it do after 10mph?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:07 PM
five21racing

it goes zoooom. It takes off like it should. I've only had it up to 'decent speeds' in one of the hallways in my school. Very narrow + carpet and the steering isn't the best on this thing. So I have no idea what it acts like on the top end. The battery is pretty crappy though. It's some 6 cell from radio shack.

Maybe the battery has something to do with it? It's new though too? I don't know [&:]
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Hellacool

What are th elights doing on the speed controll? I found on mine that the servo limits were set too short and the speed controll was not getting full signal. My lights (red and green) would slightly flicker. I put the car on a stand, cranked the throttle and adjusted my servo limit dials until the lights were solid. Took care of my glitching.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
KRO

Sounds to me like you are confusing glitching with cogging . Glitching is when the steering servo twitches or the wheels twitch even when you are not using the controller .

Cogging is when you slowly pull the trigger and the car stutters before it starts moving . A crappy battery pack WILL make your car cog badly cause it cannot supply the amperage the car needs to get going .

Get a new battery and I bet it goes away .....
Old 10-17-2007, 10:40 AM
five21racing

Alright thanks guys.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

heres an idea, i had a similar problem with mine before i modded the crap out of it, but on the controller from what i remember of the stock controller, there are 2 different knobs one is for high throttle adjustment and the other is for low, try tweaking those a bit, thats how i corrected mine before i switched controllers. i got the receiver and transmitter from a team losi mini baja in it now, with some other stuff too. i might be selling it if i can figure out what its worth, here is what ive got.

rc18b
2Xwheels and tires,stock white, and chrome with offroad tires
3Xbodies stock buggy, truck, and car
monster motor installed
17,14,12 tooth pinion gears
custom made 8.4v1200mah battery pack (soon to be 2)
1 hour peak charger(1h30m with the custom pack)
novak spy speed controller
team losi transmitter and receiver upgrade(from mini baja)
aluminum shock towers, front and rear (needed for truck and car bodies)
aluminum lower arms front and rear
aluminum axles
adjustable titanium turnbuckles
2 sets of adjustable oil filled shocks
hitec hs55 steering servo

so if you have an idea of what you think its worth look for the thread i posted and leave a response as i might not be coming back to this one. good luck with your mt, chris
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
rc-junky007

actually the guy at my lhs(hobbytown) said that the stock rc18t radio + mamba system causes cogging so if you get a better radio system your cogging days will be over
Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
five21racing

Alright well I have a Spektrum DX2 that I use for my Mirco RS4. I just so happen to have an extra reciever too! Well it's in my Team Losi AD2 but, I never drive that.

I'll see what I can come up with on Friday.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
joeyhatch11

I'm having the same damn problem with my Associated 18T. Today i got my Comp. X Package and this thing is doin nothing but cogging. The wheels lock up from the motor not spinning and it flips forward, end over end. Kinda funny actually. But any who, HOW DID YOU FIX THE PROBLEM? i really wanna run this thing but this is no fun. I thought there may have been something wrong with my receiver because i was having the same problem with my Hacker brushless system. That's why i got the Mamba Comp. X today. Looks like i may have to cahnge the receiver and transmitter if that's what it comes down to.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
rcboy93

SEND IT IN TO CASTLE CREATIONS THELL FIX IT OR REPLACE IT I GOT A WHOLE NEW SET UP FROM THEM THERE AWSOME
Old 10-28-2007, 12:22 PM
rc-junky007

all it take is that you get a better radio system

and sometimes that battery can take a dump haha
Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
scorpmatt

I put the Mamba Comp X into my rc18mt and after going through the setup in the manual I havn't had these issues until my battery gets to the point of needing to be discharged.... Did I just get lucky?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:04 PM
five21racing

Well I have a rc18B that's brushless and it cog's. Stock radio/rec. Sometime soon I'll throw a spektrum rec. into it and see if that cures it.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:51 PM
scorpmatt

five21racing, I'm still using the stock radio/rec on my 18mt... The setup on the Mamba ESC can be intense. When I first plugged it in and didn't set it up, I had some minor issues (cogging one of them). After following the instuctions and setting up the ESC properly, I had no more issues.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: five21racing

Well I have a rc18B that's brushless and it cog's. Stock radio/rec. Sometime soon I'll throw a spektrum rec. into it and see if that cures it.
Have you updated the programming on the ESC?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:39 PM
five21racing

I tried but on the 18B, it doesn't read 'brake' as "no". So I have to answer "yes" to all five (1,1 - 2,1 - 3,1 - .....) of the questions that it asks.

I'm waiting on that little derlin piece that helps improve the steering slop to show up. Then I'll swap the servo and spektrum receiver from the 18MT to the 18B.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM
TheEmaxxKid

What batteries are you guys running? If it's the stock pack you need something with a little more punch so that the motor gets all the amps that it needs. My Mamba 6800 and now my Wraith 7k (higher amp draw than Mambas) are both cogging free on lipos.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
five21racing

ORIGINAL: TheEmaxxKid

What batteries are you guys running? If it's the stock pack you need something with a little more punch so that the motor gets all the amps that it needs. My Mamba 6800 and now my Wraith 7k (higher amp draw than Mambas) are both cogging free on lipos.
It was cogging bad on some piece of crap radio shack 6-cell. Right now I was running a venom 1100. It wasn't doing it as bad, if at all.