Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Considering Raminator or Mini Monster Baja

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Kenmtb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering Raminator or Mini Monster Baja

Is Losi's 1/18 Raminator a good truck? Is the baja better? I like the fact that the Ram can run with one motor. I would use a single brushless setup to increase runtime. Can the Baja be converted to a single motor?
Thanks
Old 12-10-2007, 08:29 PM
scheibler

Default RE: Considering Raminator or Mini Monster Baja

what brushless setup are you going to use? Are you set on one of these for sure?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Big Green Machine

The Raminator is based on the MLST wereas the Monster Baja is based on the MLST2 so it has a lot of sweet upgrades plus a low end Lipo batt and charger inlcuded.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Kenmtb

Im not sure what BL motor to use yet. Im leaning towards a Mamba. Can the baja run on 1 motor like the Raminator?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: Kenmtb

Can the baja run on 1 motor like the Raminator?

They are the same exact chassis with a couple diferent hop ups.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 PM
scheibler

I've read that the center diff. is weak in these trucks and poses a big problem for brushless. If you want a very nice monster truck look into the xray m19mt which you can get in kit form and add the motor/esc, servo, reciever, and transmitter or can get the rtr version and skip brushless. The duratrax mini quake is also a better truck imo
Old 12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Kenmtb

is the m19mt made by associated? They have a nice looking mini monster. I hope there is an upgrade for the losi center diff. I really liked the Ram and Baja
Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I would start with the Mini Baja... It has the viscous diffs, al shocks, lithium pack. For the price difference it is worth it. You can get an upgraded ball diff for the Mini LST. A bunch of different vendors make them now.

I had a Mini LST when it first came out and it did have problems. It sounds like Losi fixed a lot of problems with the Mini LST 2 and the Mini Baja as well. I am not sure if the Raminator got all of the same fixes since it's a more economical package.

I have heard that the steering servos are still crap and will need upgrading regardless of the one you choose.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Metallover

mini baja is the best with the diffs and batery, and all. The mlst2 is second best, folled by the mlst. I'd say the worst is the raminator and ramunition. They only have 1 stock motor and are weak all around.

The center diff can be fixed by locking it with ca glue. You can also get a ball diff - it is the same one as in the mini t. I'd just save the money and glue it.

You need dish wheels to. The stock wheels break a lot on the mlst - I dont know if the one's on the baja will break. They look a little stronger.

You can run every one with one or two motors - they all have the same motor mount. The ram ones just come with 1 instead of two. they can be easily upgraded to two motors if you want, but brushless is better. :]
Old 02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI I'm thinking about getting one the losi mini Monster baja is it fun ? how fast is it out of the box, how much run time out of the box,how long does it take to charge the battery with the stock charger I heard 2-3hrs and you only get 5min of run time is this true??? if so it may not be worth getting HUH[&:] But I like it and I know that one of you guy's no of all the needed hop ups for it so that one can have quick charges and fast speeds and long run times such as 20min of hardfast running. So please talk to me. Also if you guys know of a better mini monster truck than the Losi mini baja (any brand) Please let me know . Thanks