Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

xray m18mt hop ups

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:11 AM
gemroz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xray m18mt hop ups

Any cool little hop ups out there yet? Havent done anything to it yet and am itchin to throw somthing on it. lol. You guys do anything with yours yet? Thanks guys
Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 AM
DarkHorse

Default RE: xray m18mt hop ups

As stock the truck is pretty good already . Try different body shells may be.

-Metal CVD's give piece of mind on brushless setups.

-Metal spur and pinion for those very gritty conditions, once your gearing options have solidified. Although noisy and not essential, after all how much to replacement gears cost anyway and I've not trashed any yet.

-Tighten the diffs, depends on your power levels and driving conditions. On road/street I have them quite tight but soft enough to take the stress off the CVDs, say like when landing with the power full on.

-Use 2 hole gap shock piston plungers (kit version option) for better stiff on road handling at speed.

-For me, brushless and 3 cell 1320mAh lithium really transforms this truck for on street action. No longer practical or any good around the house or at low speeds though (where brushed is better suited). Also need to be careful driving when the power levels increase and the crash damage is more likely to cost.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with DarkHorse, there really isn't anything that needs upgraded on this truck. If you go brushless go with the aluminum CVD's from Xray. The Aluminum shocks are nice bling but not needed. If you don't have brushless yet, you could go brushless. If you do that stick with a lower KV motor. How do you use your truck and what motor/esc combo are you using?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:29 PM
RC Huligan

If you want to see a list of [link=http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/prodpart.php?prod_id=1510&kategoria=1501&menu_id=1501&catName=XRAY%20M18MT%20-%2009.%20Optional%20items]optional M18MT parts offered by XRAY[/link], just follow the link.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Mini_Me

Aftermarket wise, I love the T-bone Bumper and the 3-racing Aluminum bellcrank.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:11 AM
fisheydude

I'm not a big fan of the springs on the RTR. They are so soft, it seems all the load is on the plunger part and shaft []. The oil is slowly leaking out of my stock shocks probably due to all the jumping. I have 45wt oil I am going to put in them at some point. I would love to have the aluminum shocks but for 8 of em', that would be half the cost of the truck [X(]! I guess I could at least get the stiffer springs.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:55 AM
DarkHorse

Yes initially I had a shock leak but it soon stopped and I've had no problems since. I think the shaft seals don't always do their job straight away. So give them a while to settle or mount them inverted.

My adversary m18t driver did break a shock shaft in a major impact yesterday. Yeah, playing high speed tag and bash again . After a long long while of duel'ing, it resembled that old classic film 'The Driver', with quiet stalking followed by frenzied attacks... mashup! LOL good fun though.

The M18MT doesn't ground out on big jumps, all energy has to go through the shock towers. The m18t setup version with smaller wheels does ground out and will not over stress the shock tower screws.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
rschoi_75

Fishey, try some black med springs in place of the stock ones.

I don't have much on my normal m18t either... just xray cvd's, black springs, and a different body.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Mini_Me

Fishey, you can get away with 4 shocks but stiffer springs. You loose the whole monster truck ideal though.

I always recommend putting AE Green Slime on shock seals.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:48 PM
fisheydude

Where u get those black springs at? It's been a while since I have posted but I'm having too much fun with the truck. It's fast, it's durable, it's SUPER TRUCK! Not one thing has broken on the truck except the battery thing. I got it fixed and it works fine though. My buddy gave me a cool charger and I am going to give him a coral out of my salt water aquarium. The charger really pumps the batt full and it rocks while it's hot. It's finally starting to warm up so I can get it outside more.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Mini_Me

They are the black springs meant for the NT18T XRAY Spring Front + Rear - Set NT18T - Medium #388192. Any xray dealer should be able to order them for you.