Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

slider or rc18t for lhs racing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:16 PM
yellow1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slider or rc18t for lhs racing...

silly thought here.. why not just get both?
the Slider is a longer Mini-T, which we already know has tons of parts and support. also, it comes with the 2.4 gig radio setup... thus no jamming, but still a VERY basic radio
the rc18 is 4wd, which is a different ballgame, as you know. it also comes with a VERY NICE fm radio, but in the end it's still subject to interference and all that jazz.

so either get both or figure out what's most important to you. but do keep us informed on which one you got

good luck!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Beomagi

rc18's radio is an OK but low end AM.

The losi dsm isn't bad. Range may seem short though. It's low power which is nice.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:54 PM
NitroBobby

the decision has been made. i now own a slider.
i'm very impressed with this thing out of the box. it's got a lot more "go" than i expected of such a little car. it's real quick and the top speed isn't too shabby (RCCarAction puts it a 20mph).
i've got the foams on it and i'm waiting on the front bumper kit so i can mount the late model body. i also had to mod the battery space a little to accommodate the 1400mAh batteries that they use for this class of racing.
this is gonna be fun.
i'll post a picture after i get the body painted. don't expect too much, i'm no artist. but i figured i'd show it off anyway.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
bigairlife

Nice. i would have taken the rc18mt, but you'll still have alot of fun with the slider. As for the painting, i'm sure it'll be fine. Just post up a pic and let us have a look =-]
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 AM
NitroBobby

the rc18t is definitely next. probably in a month or two. the big selling points for the slider were the transmitter (2.4ghz DSM...wow) and the available racing at the LHS. i figured that i couldn't go wrong either way, and i'd have both eventually. so the slider was first.
i'll post pics of my most awesome paint job later this week.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 AM
notch 9

Hello, I just raced my slider for the first time over the weekend, it is a stock class so they wouldn't even let me use the 1600 battery. So as a stock car on flat carpet oval the car seemed to handle real good, seems like a pretty popular car by the number of people there racing. being relativly inexpensive is good for this class also.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 AM
NitroBobby

sweet. how did you do?
i'll be racing on saturday for the first time. i'll be running with a 1400 mah battery, foam tires and the late model body. other than that it's stock.
i should have the front bumper for the late model body tomorrow so i'll have it painted tomorrow night. i picked up a Parma mask kit and some orange and black spray paint. it'll be my first attempt at a paint job with any design or more than one color. should be fun. i don't have an airbrush, so no great detail work.
i will post some pics by friday. then i can take some more on saturday so you can all bear witness to my awesome body smashing skills!!!!
hopefully it isn't too beat up and i can get another race or 2 out of it. we'll see.
i'll keep whoever cares posted...

peace.
kgb
Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Gex_61

I'm interested; sounds like fun. Take pictures of your opponents’ cars as well.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:44 AM
notch 9

Hey Nitro Bobby, the carpet track here is strictly stock so I haven't changed much yet, when the outdoor oval season kicks up I hope to change to the late model body and try a few hop ups... if the guys there are running a modified class. Like to see those pictures when you are done. Keep us posted.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Gex_61

Hey, when you ordered the late model bumper, did you also get the rear body posts.
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...l?sfs=69785676
Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM
NitroBobby

i did. i actually picked them up from the hobby shop that i got the slider at. they didn't have the front though. thanks for asking though. if i hadn't known about them, i'd be ticked off tonight when i tried to mount the body
Old 02-08-2008, 07:44 PM
NitroBobby

she's done. i think it came out really well for my first attempt at this type of paint. the masks were a pain in the butt, but the results are worth it. it's a shame that by this time tomorrow i'll be smashing the crap out of it against the walls of the oval....oh well. if it's bad, i'll take some "after" shots. consider these the "before". let me know what you think.