Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

what mini, I was thinking about the Associated RC18T Truck RTR Kit

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

what mini, I was thinking about the Associated RC18T Truck RTR Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 PM
revocrazy7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what mini, I was thinking about the Associated RC18T Truck RTR Kit

here is a link uhh if it worked lol [link=http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Associated-RC-18/Kits.aspx]http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Associated-RC-18/Kits.aspx[/link] please tell me if it is good and if not what other one should i consider.

thanx!!!!

and if you need more info i will post more info thanxzzeeeezzsdfa
Old 04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: what mini, I was thinking about the Associated RC18T Truck RTR Kit

The RC18 series is excellent. Time proven design, lots of aftermarket support, and good out of the box performance as well. You won't be disappointed with any of them, but also check out the Mini-Baja by Team Losi, its one of my favorite Minis.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:35 PM
revocrazy7

ok thanx keep um coming!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:49 PM
BigTb17

I have a RC18B and I really like it. There is just so much aftermarket support for the RC18 series.

There are other great options out there and every once in a while I think what if... But I never regret buying the RC18. I can get replacement parts at any local shop and it has been a very quick, tough car. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

What will be the primary purpose of the truck? Will you race it?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 AM
revocrazy7

i will probably just drive around, do some jumps, get after market parts for it, and go to my lhs and drive on the track. but i don't know about entering any races:] oh and i have a revo so im not a noob at the hobby well maby some things on the electric that isn't on nitro that i don't know about:]:]:].

so is there any other good ones besides the kyosho inferno and the rc18t/b. b/c i want to know but so far im looking twards the rc18t and if i get that what brushless should i get? and how good is it out of the box.

oh and still keep them coming thanx:::]]]
Old 04-05-2008, 12:23 AM
calvino

you may want to consider the 18T FT truck, comes with tons of upgrades in it allready, so what electronics you put in it is up to you
Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 AM
revocrazy7

ok can i have a link
Old 04-05-2008, 11:26 AM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: revocrazy7

i will probably just drive around, do some jumps, get after market parts for it, and go to my lhs and drive on the track. but i don't know about entering any races:] oh and i have a revo so im not a noob at the hobby well maby some things on the electric that isn't on nitro that i don't know about:]:]:].

so is there any other good ones besides the kyosho inferno and the rc18t/b. b/c i want to know but so far im looking twards the rc18t and if i get that what brushless should i get? and how good is it out of the box.

oh and still keep them coming thanx:::]]]
Out of the box it works fine and is very fun. Although the included battery charger is a pain (who wants to wait 10 hours for the battery to charge?) so you will likely want to pick up a good charger before long, if not at the same time as the truck. The steering is a little sloppy, but if you aren't racing the lack of precision won't be a big problem (heck, I even raced mine with stock steering).

If you are thinking about going brushless right away, you might be better off getting the Factory Team kit as calvino said. It doesn't come with electronics you aren't going to use and comes with some nice upgrades. But if you get the RTR you will be able to have fun with it in stock form for a while.

As far as brushless, I am looking to go brushless with my RC18B. I haven't decided on a setup myself. However, I am going to stay away from the super high kv ratings because it seems to make the car only good for super speed runs, and not very controllable for backyard bashing and small tracks. The setup I am looking at is a Mamba 25 speed controller and a Hyperion YC-22 6000kv motor. Don't have any experience with it though, so I can't really recommend it over something else.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
calvino

ya, the 18T FT is nuts, friend has one (and is assembling it) and it comes with tons of nice upgrades, alot of stuff you would end up getting down the road anyway, plus if you want to put in something like a draglink... you can do that, but ya, it is a nice truck[8D], I kinda wish I got the kit as a first truck[&o]
Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
YoungBuggy

here is a link uhh if it worked lol [link=http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Associated-RC-18/Kits.aspx]http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Associated-RC-18/Kits.aspx[/link] please tell me if it is good and if not what other one should i consider.

thanx!!!!

and if you need more info i will post more info thanxzzeeeezzsdfa
haha with this link u just saved me $15 an 2 days of waitin for a RC18b RTR
Old 04-06-2008, 12:26 AM
rc kid 93

XTM Rage?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: sheograth

The RC18 series is excellent. Time proven design, lots of aftermarket support, and good out of the box performance as well. You won't be disappointed with any of them, but also check out the Mini-Baja by Team Losi, its one of my favorite Minis.
+1 for mini baja. Put an Orion Baja motor in it and you got it going 30 at the same price as an rc18t.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
jaejw1

vendetta st,,, xtm rage (but i would wait until they come out with alloy parts.. )the rage has the strongest drivetrain of any mini i have read about..
Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
revocrazy7

well thanx for the help guys just went to my lhs and bought the rc 18t very nice truck but i took it out and the batt. was charged already so i hop it didn't have a problem or something but man its fast for stock and jumps good too. the only thing is is was i supposed to do something because the instructions sucked and i took it out of the box and just started driving was that bad??? also i want to get a good charger and batt. that is really good for a low price can you guys give me some ideas. i have a revo but this is my first mini so if you could help it would be great.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:02 PM
revocrazy7

oh yea i would like it to charge fast last for a long time and has good power!! but not lipo yet... to expensive:[
Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Dan|zu

Lipo can only be used with an ESC that excepts Lipos.... So for now with the stock ESC i would get this Battery http://maxamps.com/proddetail.php?pr...ll-Odd&cat=144 Its a 7 cell so 8.4v more power , as for a charger a great charger are the Tritons Ive got 3 of em and love them, here is a link to towers for the Triton Jr works just as good as the big Triton http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAH9&P=7
Old 04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
BigTb17

You probably didn't hurt anything by just taking it out and driving it.

I second the Triton Jr. recommendation. I have one and I use it for all my batteries and it works great. As far as charging fast, with the Triton Jr. you will only be limited by the charge rate the batteries will safely handle. I wouldn't charge 2/3A batteries (the size your RC18 takes) at very much more than 1C or you risk overheating them.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

vendetta st,,, xtm rage (but i would wait until they come out with alloy parts.. )the rage has the strongest drivetrain of any mini i have read about..
The not so well known thunder tiger minis have 1/10th scale metal geared diffs, now that's tough! (I have 2 lol)

I also race the RC18B, you will be very pleased with this truck, congrats!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
WisPete
My Feedback: (5)

The RC18T rtr is ok, but not great. I'd go with a Vandetta ST instead.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 PM
revocrazy7

ORIGINAL: Dan|zu

Lipo can only be used with an ESC that excepts Lipos.... So for now with the stock ESC i would get this Battery http://maxamps.com/proddetail.php?pr...ll-Odd&cat=144 Its a 7 cell so 8.4v more power , as for a charger a great charger are the Tritons Ive got 3 of em and love them, here is a link to towers for the Triton Jr works just as good as the big Triton http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAH9&P=7
thanx for the help but will this 7 cell battery fit in the rc 18t?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Dan|zu

Yeh, totally it was made for it... Thats why the last cell is a different posision to make it fit Really nice battery
Old 04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Dan|zu

thanx for the help but will this 7 cell battery fit in the rc 18t?
you do need to do a little filing on the battery strap posts, or, you can disconect the cell, and move it on top of the rest of them forming a "hump pack" which is best, also if you want a lipo, get a 2s lipo and watch the volts, for airplanes I know that they make "battery monitors" that read every cell and slow down then stop the throt soo you don't overdischarge the battery...... ya, not pretty stuff
Old 04-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I say "think outside of the box"
Get the CEN ME16MT. It uses a 540 size motor and a standard servo and 1/10 scale wheels and most important a full sub C size battery.
What more could you ask for?? and check out the radio it comes with. Much better than your average RTR radio.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48858.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	926263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52761.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	926264  
Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
revocrazy7

ok thanx nice to know i don't have to tear apart the whole truck just to make the battery fit.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
calvino

ok thanx nice to know i don't have to tear apart the whole truck just to make the battery fit.
ya, that is the advantage of that kindof truck, looks nice[8D]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.