Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

IS THE LITTLE CHAOS WORTH A CHANCE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IS THE LITTLE CHAOS WORTH A CHANCE?

ive always wanted one, but a the bad taste of the trinity next is still in my mouth, with its jittery servos, and constantly blowing out diffs.

i will be easy on it and keep the breaks kind of soft. are they even worth the $80??

oh yeah, long time no see, its been 5months, good to be back
Old 06-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Deftones123

Default RE: IS THE LITTLE CHAOS WORTH A CHANCE?

Im thinking the same thing, I have been wanting one for months and months, but here things like they arent worth it and the diffs blow out all the time, but for 80 bucks, thats just cheap enough to make me almost buy one
Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 AM
The_Shark

yeah, i know, i have never owned a NEW nitro before, i keep on getting used ones that have major problems and im starting to get tired of it.

i know SOMEONE here has had good luck with it.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:20 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ive always wanted one, but a the bad taste of the trinity next is still in my mouth, with its jittery servos, and constantly blowing out diffs.

i will be easy on it and keep the breaks kind of soft. are they even worth the $80??

oh yeah, long time no see, its been 5months, good to be back

I have owned one and they aren't worth the original price of $250 and they aren't worth the sale price of $80 either...........................
Old 06-27-2008, 11:29 AM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just pack everything with silicone grease....
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 AM
The_Shark

when the diff blows out, HOW does it blow out? does it break teeth or do the teeth just get worn out? and when do the diffs blow out, jumping, starting out, breaking top speed?

i would be using LMX grease if i got one, its a red auto grease and is pretty heavy duty, you use it in front wheel bearings on cars.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:43 PM
vicdat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Generally the rear pinion just wears down. I shimmed mine and packed it with silicon grease it lasted probaby 15-20 tanks of 30% before coughing-up blood. The diff cups also will sometimes loosen-up; I've used a little CA there and make sure you install them as straight as possible. Not too many problems with the spiders. Don't be afraid to lock-up the center diff with epoxy which gives you all wheel braking.
I get a lot more run time if I keep it in the street. Mine only has problems when I get a little rough on short grass or too much dirt which is quite abrasive on all the plastic parts. I always give mine a 5 minute or so cool-down between runs to let the plastic harden-up...
P.S. Re-pack all the grease and shocks before you get the tempation to do you break-in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17638.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	979701