Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
 Question About The A-Tech Leo-X Mini Monster Truck? >

Question About The A-Tech Leo-X Mini Monster Truck?

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Question About The A-Tech Leo-X Mini Monster Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About The A-Tech Leo-X Mini Monster Truck?

Hey Guys,

Someone gave me an A-Tech Leo-X Mini Monster truck as a gift. I was thinking about getting a rechargable battery for it. Does anyone know if there is a specific type of rechargable battery it will take, and can i buy it at my Local hobby Store? if someone could answer this question for me it would greatly be appreciated.

Firebird
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 AM

Default RE: Question About The A-Tech Leo-X Mini Monster Truck?

I don't think that you'll find one that fits exactly. For mine, I bought a battery made for a mini-t and packed some foam around it that I have left over from when I bought ESCs and receivers in the past. Works great. You should post some pics of your Leo-X.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:00 AM

It takes a hex pack. You can get one at cheapbatterypacks.com. Venom used to make one too. Sometimes you can find one on ebay. It makes a big difference in speed. I have one too. I haven't done much to it yet, just upgraded the battery with deans plugs and installed bearings. I'm probably going to upgrade the motor, but that's it. It sits too high to be controllable with a brushless setup (lots of rollovers).

It's a very fun truck though! It works good on grass, and is a good climber. With a bit of work, I bet it would make are really fun crawler.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:21 PM

Hey Rody and Mad Modder,

Thanks for the great info on the Leo. As soon as i get time i will post some picture of it in my gallery. Yeah, I always wanted a little monster truck, just to have something play around with when the sky and the wind wont allow me to fly my planes. I wanna see how this little monster holds up in mudd!! Anyway thanks again guys.

firebird
Old 07-29-2008, 05:14 PM

I looked up the batteries and i think i'm gonna go with the Mini-T's battery. I know where i can go buy one. cheapbatterypacks.com did not have the hex anymore, but they had some other batteries that seem really cool for some of my other RC's.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM

http://rc-models.stores.yahoo.net/schmmp013.html
Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM

Cheapbatterypacks.com has them, but they're custom packs. They'll make them to order, so you choose packs, custom packs, and then choose the voltages, configuration, etc.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Oh ok, Now i see what you are talking about. Thanks Rody. Sometimes i'm a little slow LOL!!