Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro Raminator any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micro Raminator any good?

k got it and i love it

i never thought it handle this good and its very fast lol first i drove it inside and it went over rugs like its on bare floor lol than i took it outside and it drives good out there to i thought it was gona be all over the place because there cracks everywhere but it went right over them.

than i saw 2 steps and i said hmm and tried it lol and it jumped and landed right on the wheels

so ya its realy worth it

i also got the lipo and tried it and wow it went super fast never thought a bigger battery whould make this diffrence

i never thought theses little cars can handle this well stays on the road realy good.

when went in the shop and saw it on the shelf there was ony one left of the dodge ram than there was like still 5 or 8 of the dt which i was also looking at but i allways was a dodge ram fan so bought the dodge

and the dodge seems like it would go in more rough stuff than the dt because it has more ground clearance and bigger tires.

i problee gona buy the other minis to later on

man does this hobby get inspensive lol after i got the rc i saw huge tires and gold rims for my t-maxx which was half off.

tires was like 42$ and rims was like 32$ than i had to get paint than paint stuff to get the old chiiped krayon **** off lol than i saw cool decals than i had to get some nitro which was 31$ befor tax which went up sense my last visit... which was ony 25$.

so when everything was added up it was 250$... lol which i came ony for the rc hehe but my t-maxx should look realy good after i get it done which is a dodge ram also

lol also lipo was also 45$ that came with the charger those battery's is inexpensive hehe.

i also ask about a converter for my old chargers and he said no it wont work on the lipo because as soon you hook it up it will explode so i passed on that hehe

ony thing i hate is waiting for it to charge.. lol the stock battery doesint last that long at all i say 5min to max 10min.

with the lipo its like 15min to 20min but thats with driving outside full speed hehe with normal driving problee 30min.

i need to stock up on battery's
Old 08-02-2008, 02:24 AM

also forgot the range is very good pretty much like my t-maxx

i was worrying about that because mosty everywere i go i herd the range aint good and you had to be close to it.

but when i was cleaning in one place that had alot of computers runing it was realy low range i had to walk with it i say about 10feet it could ony go befor it would not go anymore so i was like hmm this aint gona be to good for me.

than i went to another place we clean and thats were it had very good range and outside to.

so drive were theres not alot of electronics around hehe
Old 08-02-2008, 06:57 AM

sweet! the i you get the converter you can charge the, stock batt. and the hobby shop told me its alot better that way, one thing i like about the dt is there comming out with new batterie pack, i gues it has a bigger place to put one in? like instead of the 2 cell 7.4 volt 180mah which is awsome there coming out in late august with a 3 cell 11.1 volt 200mah and a 2 cell 7.4 volt 300 mah. can you post a video?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:30 AM

i see if i could get a video later on batterys in the cam is dead... lol

also i herd all the micros is the same size except the dt lexan body is alittle longer but not much thats all i seen when i was at my lhs.

also so its safe to charge the stock battery with a converter on my charger like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/Radio-Shack-4-8v...QQcmdZViewItem

mine is like that but doesint have that battery space its just one with a red button and a wire with the connecter on it and mine charges batterys up in 10 to 15min.

i wish i could fast charge a lipo but herd you cant...

Old 08-02-2008, 12:04 PM

no thats what they told me too but the dt has a inch longer chasie. http://www.atomicmods.com/ZoomImage....4-116f26a0a61e the one in your link will not work,but this should work http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/.../LOSB0847.html
Old 08-03-2008, 12:36 AM

The only problem with mine is that the rear tires wear down very quickly.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gordesky1

i see if i could get a video later on batterys in the cam is dead... lol

also i herd all the micros is the same size except the dt lexan body is alittle longer but not much thats all i seen when i was at my lhs.

also so its safe to charge the stock battery with a converter on my charger like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/Radio-Shack-4-8v...QQcmdZViewItem

mine is like that but doesint have that battery space its just one with a red button and a wire with the connecter on it and mine charges batterys up in 10 to 15min.

i wish i could fast charge a lipo but herd you cant...
No you can't charge the stock battery with that charger. The stock battery is 4.8v but only 150mAh, that charger charges at 3.5A (3500mAh) which is way too much. For an NiMh battery you don't want to charge it at over 2C, which for a 150mAh battery is 300mAh (0.3A).

Old 08-03-2008, 05:29 AM

hm couldn't i just leave it on for couple min than take it off?

because i charge my t-maxx battery which is 1600mah and 6v and i just leave it on for like 5min than take it off and it will be charged.

and i haven't had any problems and that was like almost a year.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:57 AM

No it will ruin the battery. For a 1600mAh battery a 2C charge rate would be 3.2A, so charging it at 3.5A is barely going over. That's why your reciever battery has held up so far. For the little Micro T battery a 2C charge rate is .3A, so 3.5A is oalmost 12 times that. If you tried the battery would vent.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:17 PM

ok thanks for telling me

also is there a cheep charger that will charge the stock ones and the lipos?

or one that just charges the stock one? like a fast or quick charger?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:24 PM

[link=http://h1073218.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=DYN4049]This[/link] one will charge the stock battery. [link=http://dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN4053]This[/link] one will charge both the stock battery and a LiPo.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:12 PM

the 89$ one looks good

how fast will it charge them? like the stock lipo charger is 60min and the stock battery pack charger for the stock battery is 20 to 25min
Old 08-03-2008, 02:18 PM

is your camera charged yet?
Old 08-03-2008, 03:04 PM

yep uploading a small video now with it driving on my well you could say bad street lol

handle it pretty good

also the quality aint that good had the cam on lowest settings...

but next video i will make it longer and it should look better and it will have the lipo next time in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsTyNIYQMvg heres the video

also give youtube time to process it ... they seem slow lol
Old 08-03-2008, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: gordesky1

the 89$ one looks good

how fast will it charge them? like the stock lipo charger is 60min and the stock battery pack charger for the stock battery is 20 to 25min
Depends on what setting you charge them at. At 1C (1x capacity) it would be 1 hour, 2C would be 1/2 hour, etc. For an NiMh you don't want to go much above 2C, for LiPo 1C. You're not really going to be able to charge them much faster than the stock chargers without risking damage to them (very dangerous for the LiPo). The stock charger that comes with the Micro T sucks though so you'll get a much better charge off a good peak charger.