Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/16 e revo bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
bdobson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/16 e revo bodies?

hey guys looking for some options for bodies other then the stock slipstream and the one by j concepts maybe a doge out there i can use?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/16 e revo bodies?

Well the only companies making bodies for the Mini Revo are Traxxas, Proline, Parma and JConcepts.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 PM
rabbit1

there is a guy on youtube with a mini E-revo with the scooby doo mystery machine van body.. I'd like to find out what body it is and do up an A-team van when I get my merv..
Old 03-06-2010, 10:29 PM
gforce2148

I haven't seen any other bodies made for the Mini Revo except those by JConcepts and Pro-line.  You might be able to find another 1/16 body that could be customized to work on the 1/16 E-Revo.  The newest body for the Mini Revo is the Pro-Line VW Bug body, which I waiting to see if anyone tries out.  It is suppose to help it right itself when you roll your Merv, because of the more rounded body shape.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:29 PM
bdobson

thanks guy thought there was only a couple but will look around to make something work have a slipstream but looking for a truck bodie if i find ill post thanks bdobson
Old 03-07-2010, 10:58 PM
catfish77

With a fair amount of trimming of the wheel area, a mini slash body will fit. That will give you more of a truck appearance which is what you said you wanted. If done correctly you can still keep the wing if you would like too. I'm in the process of trying to extend the body post to make a better fit with less trimming of the wheel area. The wide tires with the off road truck body looks really good. I'll post some pics later once completed.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:52 PM
bdobson

nice ya the truck thig is what im after ill have to try it out !!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
vwlippy

I have the ProLine VW body prepped and ready for paint.

Hopefully will be painted tomorrow (if it ever stops raining).
Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: vwlippy

I have the ProLine VW body prepped and ready for paint.

Hopefully will be painted tomorrow (if it ever stops raining).
You should probably drill the holes for the body post and antenna, also it is easier to trim and sand the body before it is painted that way you don't damage the paint job.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
vwlippy

Yeah, ProLine marks all the spots with a little indent on the body. I'll make the holes before painting- good call. Thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 11:12 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

You should probably drill the holes for the body post and antenna, also it is easier to trim and sand the body before it is painted that way you don't damage the paint job.

Since most bodies today have trim line indented and nubs where the body holes are supposed to go, and since most bodies are vehicle specific, there really is no neccessity to cut them out ahead of time anymore.
Plus when you trim them ahead of time it tends to make the outside mask peel back at the edges and allow overspray to creep under it.
A good pair of scissors and sandpaper, or a dremel, is all anyone should need to be able to finish off a body like a pro once they're done painting.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:21 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: DettaSCT

Since most bodies today have trim line indented and nubs where the body holes are supposed to go, and since most bodies are vehicle specific, there really is no neccessity to cut them out ahead of time anymore.
Plus when you trim them ahead of time it tends to make the outside mask peel back at the edges and allow overspray to creep under it.
A good pair of scissors and sandpaper, or a dremel, is all anyone should need to be able to finish off a body like a pro once they're done painting.
Just curious as to how many bodies you have painted?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

Well over a hundred, maybe two, with several concours/best paint winners.

How about you?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:08 PM
rbh261

Well over a hundred, maybe two, with several concours/best paint winners.

How about you?
I'm sure we all have a preference. I paint then trim. I've been doing it this way for 20+ years. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, just preferences. I do believe, however, that there definitely are wrong ways of prepping before painting. I'm sure we all can agree on that.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 PM
ratdaddy

I have a pro-line vw body on my Merv and I like it. With the higher roof line the Merv will lay on its side if you flip it and by using steering and throttle you can flip it back on its wheels...
If I knew how to post a pic here I would.