Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Veco Li'l Pinto plan

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Veco Li'l Pinto plan

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 03:26 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Veco Li'l Pinto plan

The plan is now available on outerzone: https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=14970
Old 01-28-2024, 10:45 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I built this model when I was in Jr. High...powered it with a Cox .020 free flight. It flew...but lost it when it flew into a building near where we flew our models. I'm 77 years young and it was my first R/C model...but I was unable to buy radio gear to fit the model then.
Sweet Model and Aloha,
Bobby of Maui
Old 01-29-2024, 06:08 AM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're the same age. This was my first r/c model built when I was about 14 years old. I powered it with a Cox .010 with C&S single channel radio and a Citizenship rubber band powered escapement. I never got it off the ground! It was just too heavy for that little engine. My first successful pane was the Minnie Mambo, which I built after the Pinto. I'm planning to build another Li'l Pinto and see if I can get it to fly.

I see you are in Lahaina Hawaii. It's so tragic what happened there... I lived in Honolulu from 1970 to 1979 and visited Lahaina several times. It was such a beautiful little town.

I flew r/c on Oahu most of the time I was there; mainly sailplanes and was one of the co-founders and the second president to the Mid Pacific Soaring Society. I have many fond memories of flying there, especially slope flying which I miss. I flew on a slope on Maui once with someone from there, but I do not remember his name or exactly where on the island.

The following users liked this post:
BadBill (01-29-2024)