Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

please help me out figure what to do!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

please help me out figure what to do!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:58 PM
mbagawin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me out figure what to do!

hi guys im from from the philippines and it happen that i have bought a herr cherokee model from tower hobbies, but the problem is i dont have a .61 engine all i have are .10 thunder tiger and a .15 ap yellow jacket? which is better to use? and my servos are sub micros, can it withstand the stree of the airplane when airborne? please do give me some hints . thanks .

marvin
Old 02-26-2004, 09:34 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: please help me out figure what to do!

HI MBAGAWIN! I don't have any experience with the plane, but if it was meant to fly with an .061, then it should be ok to put a TT.10 on it. The smallest servos many people would reccomend is HITEK HS-81, maybe HS-55 [smaller servos] if the plane is flown slowly. I think the HS 55s are rated for 15 ozs of torque, the HS 81s around 30 ozs of torque. If you use a 7-3 prop the TT.10 should be pretty tame.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:35 AM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Use your .10 and upgrade to Hitec HS-81 servos. A 250mAh battery will be needed too. I am sure the instruction book covers this somewhere. Good luck and post some pics if you can.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:13 AM
MikeSell
My Feedback: (2)

My experience with my five herr planes is keep them light. Whichever engine is lighter and requires the least weight to be added to the plane should be your choice.
A friend flew my first Herr Cub (049) and loved it. It seemed slightly under powered and he wanted to fly off floats so he decided to use the AP.09. Upon finding that the .09 shared the same block with the .15 he installed the yellowjacket. He then proceeded to build the plane as he would build a .15-.25 size plane.
To make the story short, the plane was uncontrollable under power but could be controlled with power off. The added weight and increased rotational torque were too much. He has since stripped the plane and applied lighter covering, removed the sprung tail wheel, removed the extra ballast weight and installed a Norvel .074. I expect performance much better than mine now.