Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

LR SMALL 04

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:28 PM
lwr_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR SMALL 04

Hey, I got my mail out from the North Little Rock Sky Tigers today. SMALLS is only 3 months away. Have you started your secret projects yet?
Old 03-02-2004, 12:45 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: LR SMALL 04

YES!!!! I got one of the very first Sig 1/2A Rascle ARF's. I ordered it in October and it came in mid Feb. It looks really good. All 3 push rod guide tubes are installed and the covering is beautiful. I am trying to move to a new house in the next 2 weeks, so it's on hold till late March or early April. I live in Little Rock and have been to every single S.M.A.L.L. event since it started. Everyone should try their best to get here. It's AWSOME!!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Lynn S

Keep us posted on that event Louis,I will try to make the trip.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:32 AM
2fast4u

The event is set for June 4, 5, &6. It only costs $10 for the three day event. You can go to the AMA site and look up the Sky Tiger club in dist 8. There will be lots of info about it there. We have had as many as 127 regestered pilots in the past. That adds up to at least 300 planes or more. Everyone brings several and things to sell too. It's a real blast.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Digger-RCU

I certainly plan on being there for my third Smalls in a row, and yes there might be something special taking shape in the Digger Hanger.

Also, the Dig-Mig 21 is going to be there. Assuming she flies and all. She is currently getting her paint done. For those who have never used an airbrush, they are great, but challenging.

I imagine the other regulars (Dicky, matchless, gator, Big-al, ect) will be there

Who else is planning on going?

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 03-04-2004, 08:44 AM
2fast4u

I imagine the other regulars (Dicky, matchless, gator, Big-al, ect) will be there
Thanks Digger, I guess I'm a ghost. I still have your blood on my flyin shirt from last year. Thanks for remembering me....!....!... [>:] [&o] [] [8D]
Old 03-04-2004, 12:39 PM
DICKEYBIRD

ORIGINAL: 2fast4u

Thanks for remembering me
Digger's actually a Norvelite blood terrorist, once he's squirted bloodborne pathogens all over ya, he tosses you aside like an old beer can.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:08 PM
2fast4u

Thanks D. Are you sure you don't mean Vodka bottles??!!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Larry Driskill

I have retrieved my Oct 2002 and 2003 Flying Models and again read Frank Fanelli's SMALL reports. I had overlooked the fact that C/L planes are welcome.

Looks like great fun, but I don't know much about how fun flys are set up and run. When the event is not a contest, and there is no Contest Director, who provides the adult supervision?

Since it is not a contest, how do they decide who flys when? How much do you get to fly over the three days? Does everyone get to fly that Gyrator?

I may need seek approval for this on my travel calendar and pack both CL and RC machines. Is there a favorite hotel?

Finally, is there a written guarantee that Bill and Hill will be in Washington or NY vice Little Rock?
Old 03-04-2004, 07:04 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Hey Larry, come on up to Little Rock and Gyrator stick time you shall have! I'm not planning on flying it again 'til then so it should still be in 1 piece.

I'll scan the flyer with all the motel data and post it tonite. Our motley crew usually stays at the Country Inn & Suites. I hope they've forgotten last year by now!

As far as adult supervision, the CD Ron Stanfield does a pretty good job. It's just a buncha good guys having great fun showing their stuff and flying. They use a simple system to insure that everyone gets plenty of time in the air.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:43 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Larry... SMALL is one heck of a lot of fun and a meeting of the "Minds". It would be great if you could make it.
Maybe bring some of your stuff to sell.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:40 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Geez, my internet connection is wierd tonite....only sites I could get for hours was Ezone and my online banking site.

Here's a scan of the flyer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17122.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	107907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49367.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	107908  
Old 03-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Digger-RCU

Digger stands up and announces

"MR. Chairman, I would like to officially recognize the pilot from Arkansas"

Verywell than, Mr. 2fast, you have been officially recognized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[>:][8D]

PS. the Control line circle at smalls is certainly going to have a couple people in it, so I want to encourage folks to bring the c/l planes! We have a lot of fun!

Raney (Digger) Birt
Old 03-05-2004, 09:02 AM
2fast4u

The Pilot from Arkansas thanks the gentalman from Texas.

See yous guys in Arkansas soon. Come one come all, it's the best event anywhere.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:11 PM
lwr_

Yes, bring your Control Line models to SMALL. Control Line is alive and well!!

P.S. For the Sky Tigers. For safety, the Control Line circle could be just a tad larger. Last year it was cut for a 60' radius, 70' or 80' would be safer.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Larry Driskill

OK, You sold me on SMALL.

I have reservations at the Country Inn and Suites.

Milton, do I need wide or narrow spacing on my handle for that rotary winged beast? It does have a CL option, I trust?
Old 03-07-2004, 08:21 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Larry, we'll just hook up one of my 'ol red EZ-Just's to a transmitter and fly it around in circles, eh?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Larry Driskill

ORIGINAL: DICKEYBIRD

Larry, we'll just hook up one of my 'ol red EZ-Just's to a transmitter and fly it around in circles, eh?

Good plan. I am partial to circles. Can you give me a brief rundown of how the SMALL Fun Fly is organized and what happens each day?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:22 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

But, but, I don't wanna fly C/L!!!!!!

phil in austin

(who likes his planes to roll occasionally.)
Old 03-10-2004, 06:32 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Not really much organization. You register when you get there, $10.00, AMA license and gold stickered radio gear required; they assign you a number which goes on all your transmitters as they're impounded. Flying starts each morning early as 7:00 AM or so and goes 'til ?? I don't think they do the night-flying thing since it's held in a state park.

Our group usually gets there Thurs. afternoon to get a good spot for the shade tents, then back to the motel for check-in & stuff. Event starts Fri. AM; indoor fly-in held Fri. night pretty close to the motels; flying all day Sat. with a banquet Sat. night. So far, we've always had to go home Sat. afternoon but I'm gonna try to stay for Sun. this year. The flying is timed, sorta, to insure everyone gets plenty of flying in, pretty laid back. Having several planes on different freqs. helps. There's no real competition other than some plaques for various categories that are judged by misc. dignitaries. Lotsa stuff to look at, buy sell, trade, b/s is always abundant and free....lotsa neat planes to ogle, vendors here & there with good deals.

The u/c circles are open to whoever/whenever you want.

Looking at what I've written, it's hard to say why I like it so much....I guess I don't get out much, huh?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:39 PM
phuffstatler

Ah, so the trick is to get there a day early!!!! Ok, I can do that.... Set up the shelter and Stake The Claim.

Hey Digger, the GirlFriend of the Day is really wanting to go, so I guess we can't carpool, unless things change radically! We could convoy up there I suppose, if you like. My truck will only hold two comfortably. It's weird that she wants to see all this, but I'm not complaining... Once you other guys see her, you won't either.. [X(]

phil in austin
Old 03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Digger-RCU

That is it phil!

you are throwing me over for a Dame! [:@][:'(] What kinda Modeler are you?????[X(]

No sweat, trying to figure out how things are going to happen here also. I am still trying figure out when the smalls in San antonio is. Ill let you know. Its a good warm up!!!!

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 03-11-2004, 08:08 PM
phuffstatler

Hey Digger, I'm the kind of modeler that knows where the food bowl is!!!!!

If you want to convoy up on Thursday or so, let me know. I'm all for it. I'm trying to arrange it with work to go up a day early. If not, I'll see you there... I'll be the one with the purple weird plane, plus, hopefully, the neat scale P40...

I know most folks usually bring a fleet of stuff. but my goal is to come up with something that will get me in the mags... Yes, I'm vain in that way, but I've always wanted to see my picure in FM.... [8D] like those yo-yo's, er, um, fine gentlemen, from last year....
phil in austin
Old 03-12-2004, 08:01 AM
lwr_

Build one of those "Gay Bees" and put cow spots on it. Those always seem to make it into the magazine.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:01 AM
2fast4u

Do you guys remember the one that had cow spots that were shapes? One was an Indian's head, another a fish and so on. You never really saw it till he pointed them out. Really neat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.