RCU Forums - View Single Post - LR SMALL 04
Thread: LR SMALL 04
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 06:32 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LR SMALL 04

Not really much organization. You register when you get there, $10.00, AMA license and gold stickered radio gear required; they assign you a number which goes on all your transmitters as they're impounded. Flying starts each morning early as 7:00 AM or so and goes 'til ?? I don't think they do the night-flying thing since it's held in a state park.

Our group usually gets there Thurs. afternoon to get a good spot for the shade tents, then back to the motel for check-in & stuff. Event starts Fri. AM; indoor fly-in held Fri. night pretty close to the motels; flying all day Sat. with a banquet Sat. night. So far, we've always had to go home Sat. afternoon but I'm gonna try to stay for Sun. this year. The flying is timed, sorta, to insure everyone gets plenty of flying in, pretty laid back. Having several planes on different freqs. helps. There's no real competition other than some plaques for various categories that are judged by misc. dignitaries. Lotsa stuff to look at, buy sell, trade, b/s is always abundant and free....lotsa neat planes to ogle, vendors here & there with good deals.

The u/c circles are open to whoever/whenever you want.

Looking at what I've written, it's hard to say why I like it so much....I guess I don't get out much, huh?