Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Maybe I was meant to fly!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Maybe I was meant to fly!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:17 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maybe I was meant to fly!!!!

BAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahaha
yeah, I went to the new field this morning, beautiful out, 1 other guy out their just started his plane as I pulled up, had a rough take off but got in the air, so i get out the JKAEROTECH trainer, he lands (way better than take off) and informs me that was his 6th flight solo, actually we talked while he was flying and I told him if he could talk and fly he was way better than I was,SO, I fire up the .049 NORVEL and toss it,, well 1st flight was pretty squirrely, acted tail heavy bad, but I was fighting it so hard I couldnt take time to trim it, finally I get about 2 or 3 accidents high and (I'm on a c/l tank here) it runs out of gas, and it absolutely went from a squirrel with rocket in its butt to a kite on a string,, honest..under glide that puppy was all mine,, floated in like a tissue....SO, he gets in another flight, the field is rough which is not helping his take off, but he fly's and lands so I get ready to go again...2 clicks of down trim,3 clicks of right trim, another couple of clicks of the needle the lean it out (ran too rich 1st time too) and it was a whole different airplane , calm, responsive (for a trainer) easy, like it was flying by itself, took it waaaay up, and the wind had picked up a little and again if it was pointed in the wind it would almost hover,,, ran out of gas..floated in like a dream but this time it just acted like it was deadstick like its supposed too, bummer is that theres no landing gear (yet) so as I was about to fuel up again I noticed the prop had hit the ground and loosened the motor mount,,, but I still had 1 heck of a squirrely maiden flight and then one hell of a great flight... thanks for listening and the long distance support form you guys..........FLYINRog
Old 03-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maybe I was meant to fly!!!!

See Rog it will all come together in the end!

Later,
Tim
Old 03-04-2004, 12:25 PM
cortacesped

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rog:

I´m very happy for You, man !!! Regards. Good flights.

Claudio
Old 03-04-2004, 12:27 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now you can start relaxing and having more and more fun! Cool [8D] Once you start feeling a bit of confidence and gain more flight time you will find the fun aspect overcomes the fear aspect...

Way to go Rog!!

AJC
Old 03-04-2004, 01:35 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

hey; the t-52 puts the fun into flying, doesn't it? amazing how much power as big as it is. have fun!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:46 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice going ROG! Using an 049 plane for a trainer is an idea that many people reject, especially hobby shop owner$$$$$$$$!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

but I still had 1 heck of a squirrely maiden flight and then one hell of a great flight... ..........FLYINRog
Super!!! Up and down in one piece and ready to go again. You need to change your signature to exactly as you signed your post ..... FLYINRog.

Congrats,

the "other" Andrew
Old 03-04-2004, 11:19 PM
jboy381-RCU

GREAT JOB dude,

i'm glad that you had good luck this time...well i know it felt good to go home and not have to break out the drawing board...knowing that you don't have to buy another plane...now,next week you need to do it all over again...

john
Old 03-05-2004, 08:46 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man sometimes all ya can do is laugh, after I read Jboys thread I thought ..next week heck, I'm going again tomorrow, so I go borrow dads staple gun and fix it (really thats what you use), last night, I plugged in everything to charge and decide I'm going right after work if its not too windy, so I get home this morning grab the radio, put it in the case, grab the plane and wing and my field bag...drive to the field ...perfect...so I put the plane together and am about to fuel it up and think let me check the throttle servo,, open the case....wrong fricken radio!!!!..see what ADHD can do for you..and I got a dinner date so I gotta get to bed early, which is why I was in a hurry to begin with....oh, supposed to rain tomorow, but I will get back out there ASAP........Rog
Old 03-05-2004, 07:06 PM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

Man sometimes all ya can do is laugh, after I read Jboys thread I thought ..next week heck, I'm going again tomorrow,

....wrong fricken radio!!!!..see what ADHD can do for you..

but I will get back out there ASAP........Rog

yep, like i said NEXT WEEK

john