Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Norvel fuel and Tower field box

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Norvel fuel and Tower field box

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 08:03 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Norvel fuel and Tower field box

Well, I'm havin such a blast with this flyin thing I ordered another JKAerotech plane,, a pocket rocket 1/2a mustang,,but instead of the $30 slickmount they sell I bought a $10 extended fuel tank from Norvel through shopatron,, I also ordered a bottle of %35 fuel from them, but I cant find the size of it?, it looks the same as the Sig fuel I bought before that is in a pint bottle ,but I'm not sure anyone else use this fuel?is it a pint?.. I also had to get a 12 volt battery from tower $12 (cant beat that) and had to get a new glow starter too and since I had the order in I bought the field box too (another $12) it came in a punch cut kit, lots of ply pieces left over for motor mounts and such,(except this is a veneer with balsa as the middle ply) ,pretty easy build ,and much less to tote to the field for me,$$$ I gotta stop!! not sure I have the skills to fly the mustang but heck if its anything like the trainer, all I'll have to worry about is the props (dang, shoulda ordered a couple)........Rog
Old 03-21-2004, 09:02 PM
jboy381-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Norvel fuel and Tower field box

you can't mess with money

it's a shame i don't have any

john
Old 03-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

I bought a $10 extended fuel tank from Norvel through shopatron,, I also ordered a bottle of %35 fuel from them, but I cant find the size of it?, it looks the same as the Sig fuel I bought before that is in a pint bottle ,but I'm not sure anyone else use this fuel?is it a pint?..

........Rog
Rog ...

The NORVEL fuel ships in quarts ... NORVEL is/was bottled by Wildcat in Nicholasville, KY, but I believe that perhaps Jeff Levitt posted that he thought SIG had taken over the production. Since SIG is now the official distributor of NORVELs, this is quite possible. However, Wildcat still lists NORVEL as one of their products. The per quart pricing is fairly high. I've been mixing 15/16 and 25/18 (from gallons) half and half into a quart bottle -- gives me 20% before adding some extra castor. If you are going thru quarts quickly, you might want to think about buying in gallon containers and pouring off into a quart field bottle.

the "other" Andrew
Old 03-22-2004, 11:06 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks Andrew, I actually use my Lite Machines Heli fuel bottle because the tanks are only .5 oz.. not worth cranking my hand pump for so I transfer fuel to that bottle and yeah it is high for the price, I have a gallon ($18) of cool power %20 and wanted to try that too, soon but I just got this quart of %35 ($12 pricey ) but the Sig I got was a pint for like $7 (real pricey but I thought it was a quart bottle in the picture)......the extended tank is "almost" an oz so I'll still use my fill bottle with it...so if the cool power 20 runs fine, I can mix that with the norvel fuel half an half in my fill bottle and run that even further...so, good advice that I already follow Andrew, but at .5 oz tank I dont go through a quart very fast at all.. I only have time for about 5 flights or so at the field at this time , when I can get there....but I KNOW its gonna be more than that as it warms up and the wind dies down......Rog