Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

15 mini 3d

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:57 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 mini 3d

Put one together for someone last week, ordered me one the next day! this thing is a hoot! easiest hoverer I ever flew. flies just like the video, real slow and stable, does it all. doesn't have the rocket pullout of hover, but it gives you time to think, a great way to learn 3d. making lighter gear for mine and a fishline pull-pull rudder w/370 pack and electron 6; should be over an oz. lighter than the 1st one, which had 555, 270, and hs-81's. so if you guys wondered about it, yes; it works well, and quality is excellent!
Old 04-01-2004, 03:01 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 15 mini 3d

Yep. I put the Norvel 15 on mine and it is a LOT of fun to fly. Super light, so it does some really wild moves at slow speeds. I have been flying mine in a parking lot after work. I had to replace the "tail wheel skid thingy" caust it fell apart after about 3 flights. Other than that it's a good plane.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:17 AM
combatpigg

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It is a plane with that, "just right " look. What are some of the critical stats on it? Wing area, weight, unusual design features, etc.? I would never think of trying to rip off someone elses' hard work and design, but I'm mainly curious about overall size and weight, RTF.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:41 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who makes it Fred?...Rog
Old 04-02-2004, 08:34 AM
2fast4u

Go to WWW.EXTREMEFLIGHTRC.COM They are the dealer for this plane. It is from China. All the stats ans a good video clip can be found there. They also run a banner ad on RCU. They have several planes in their stable. The profile EDGE ARF is awsome too.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Duane-RCU

I guess this thing is one piece? Or does the wing come off?
Old 04-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Duane --

One of our club members had the .40 sized Edge 540T at the field last weekend -- didn't fly it while I was there, but the construction was pretty impressive. The capstrips are actually dovetailed into the leading and trailing edges and the rib spreaders are glued into slots, not butt glued. Everything is lasercut. The covering looked very good -- generally, we all commented on the quality of this plane -- much better than some of the other off-shore ARFs.

The wing and fuse ship separated and the tail surfaces have to be added. The guy building it said the wing/fuse fit was so good that it probably could be flown without glueing and that other components were of good quality. The only criticism he had was with the landing gear -- it was cold formed with a tight radius and looked like it might develop some stress cracks at the bends.

If the Mini 3D looks as good as the .40 Edge, then it would likely be a good buy.

the "other" Andrew
Old 04-02-2004, 02:37 PM
wild fred

hi, the first one I assembled was about 30 oz. stock with hs-81's, a hs-100 on throttle, 555 and 270, stock hdwe.. mine has 3/32 m.w. gear, 4-81's, 1-55, 350 nimh, electron 6, pull-pull rudder, 1/2a horns, mini links. should come in a hair over 28 oz., will have to weigh when i get a new scale. both have norvel 15. a buddy has the edge, both are outstanding arf's; and I am not an arf fan! flies good and slow, plenty time to think! about 500 sq. in. was thinking about building a knockoff when I first saw it advertised, but in person it has a full fuselage and a lot of building in fuse. at 89 bucks it wasn't worth scratching it! a really thick wing. one peice plane, but so small it is no problem to transport. wouldn't mind building a wing and profile fuse, but hey; at that price, well built and 4 hour assembly....

by the way, the video on their site is worth watching; inverted harrier to upright landing and stuff; and ours flies just like the video; except mine has a GOOD motor on it...