Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Wattage Pitts GG & ailerons...

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Wattage Pitts GG & ailerons...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:23 PM
rpmtech
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Pitts GG & ailerons...

Hi guys, I fley my new pitts today for the first time. I have put a Norvell .061 {first mistake} on it and test flew it. Definately not enough power. I also was having problems with the roll rate, felt tail heavy too. Ended up nosing it in but it only needs a new cowl now. It dident help that ther was 10-15 mph wind either It got blown downwind and refused to roll into the wind till it snapped[:@]All in all it felt like *****.

Where are you guys putting the CG? I had mine on the instructions location.

Are the ailerons enough?

Any tips for setup?

Wing incidences, I made mine both the same.

It is soon to have a .15 on it, down with 1 problem

Thanks,

Rick
Old 04-01-2004, 10:27 PM
rpmtech

Default RE: Wattage Pitts GG & ailerons...

I usually setup all my planes with as much aileron as I can get, no exception with this one, she seemed to roll slow. Also with the linkage setup they have the ailerons move DOWN more than up[:'(]
Old 04-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Lynn S

flyinpete used a OS .15 on his Ultimate. You should check with him when you get your .15 installed on your plane. I would think a .074 (equal to a .10)would be the minimum you need for power, so it is probably too underpowered to really tell what it needs. I would use the CG called for in the instuctions book. Then watch out for your roll rates with the .15, I would use what the book calls for at first. Here is flyinpete's thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Watt...1611850/tm.htm
Old 04-02-2004, 12:55 AM
rpmtech

Thanks, I just ordered the AP hornet or wasp or whatever it's called .15, looks like a neat little engine that wont butcher up the cowl like an OS with the huge muffler would.

I just started with small planes, I am having a blast with this little stuff, cant believe that I nosed in on asphalt from 15' and all I needed was a little CA and a new cowl/engine mount This is a great break from the big jets, just what I was looking for.