Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

The "New" 3M77 and sheeting foam.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

The "New" 3M77 and sheeting foam.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The "New" 3M77 and sheeting foam.

I often use 3M77 to sheet foam wings on 1/2A models because, while polyurethane works better, the 3M77 is just more convenient on small wings.

I went to the hardware store to pick up a can and noticed that it had a new label and it said "low mist". I thought "Oh no, could this be the foam attacking formula?".

I bought a can to try out and much to my relief it doesn't attack foam. Whew! After my test I grabbed an old can and noticed that while the label is different from the new one, it has "New low mist formula" marked on the can. It appears that I have been using the new formula for some time without knowing it.[sm=lol.gif]
Old 06-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The "New" 3M77 and sheeting foam.

I was in a hobby shop yesterday, and noticed 3M77, and some 3M Foam Safe spray. It may have been around a while, but I haven't seen it. I wonder if they did that just for us?
Old 06-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Was the foam safe stuff marked Orange 44 or something like that? I saw that too, but I think it is for upholstery foam.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really didn't look, but I don't think it was Orange 44, I think it was in a white can. I will look again next time I'm in there. I'm going to be working close to it soon, so it'll be my new hang-out.