Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

micro futaba hardware

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

micro futaba hardware

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 01:44 PM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default micro futaba hardware

new to 1/2 a and i have a question got my micro reciever and servos and the kit has no hardware? [>:]is this normal no screws or gomments can the servos be glued in the switch has no bolts no backplate[:-] plane is a siq rascal and it is NICE allso my fat hands cant get in the plane like giant size but wanted something different thanks frank
Old 07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: micro futaba hardware

you mean you bought a flight pak from futaba with no mounting screws? if so I'd say it was packed wrong, if you got it from Tower, call them and tell them, did it come with servo arms?, usually there is a pack with the arms,screws,gommets all in one,,,you'll need that ,....Rog
Old 07-08-2004, 02:28 PM
frank99

you are right this came in a green box and the box weight more that the gear here is a pic of plane and the gear
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88413.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	151625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41725.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	151626  
Old 07-08-2004, 02:34 PM
frank99

standard servo screw will not go in the flange it is to big i cant believe there is a motor in the servo it is small! hope it works thank you rog
Old 07-09-2004, 02:14 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

There's something wrong there Frank. If you got this new the pack should have come with some extra arms and the screws and grommets as well as the swich face plate.

Welcome to the small side of the Universe...
Old 07-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

There's something wrong there Frank. If you got this new the pack should have come with some extra arms and the screws and grommets as well as the swich face plate.

Welcome to the small side of the Universe...
Bruce and Frank -

I would have been inclined to agree, but neither Tower nor Futaba indicate any accessories are included. The R114F is a single conversion RX designed primarily for park flyers -- Futaba may have simply assumed that the servos will be taped. The servos are not recommend for any high torque usage.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBXA5&P=7]TOWER specs[/link]

the "other" Andrew
Old 07-09-2004, 01:53 PM
frank99

andrew what kind of tape can i use and how to mount the switch? thanks frank
Old 07-09-2004, 02:35 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats true Frank, I didnt think about what Andrew said, I use foam double sided tape to hold in my micro servos, but there still is a hardware pak even with the Dragon fly micro servos I get,,did you even get servo arms?..the tape is about 1/16 inch thick with paper backing on both sides, you can get it at any office supply type store or walmart...Rog
Old 07-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frank --

Even though no accessories are listed, like Rog said, it is a little unusual for no screws to be packaged, especially without a switch faceplate and screws. You might contact the seller and ask if screws, faceplate and additional arms should have been included. Double sided foam tape will work -- just be sure that the servo surfaces are clean and have no mold release on them. You may be able to locate some #2 or #1 wood screws at your LHS -- these will fit. With a little care, you can also use the tape to secure your switch.

Which RASCAL do you have? I can't tell if it is the 49" or 29" model. The Futaba S3108 is a little smaller than the Hitec HS-55 and specs with 1 oz/in less torque. If it is the 49" model, I would be a little uncomfortable using the S3108. Several here use the HS-55 on control surfaces with no problems. I use them primarily for throttle, but prefer the HS-81. Lastly, do you fly when several others are flying? You might find the R114 a little sensitive when others are up.

I've been using both the Hitec 555 RX and the Hitec Electron 6 (both duel conversion) -- someone here likely has a similar setup to yours and can comment on signal rejection of the R114F. If you acquire another flight pack, you might consider Hitec. There are other good manufacturers, but Hitec is well proven and used by many here.

the "other" Andrew
Old 07-09-2004, 05:30 PM
frank99

going to plan B i ordered 2 new hitec 55 with cormite gears????? using the futaba for the engine this the nitro rascal by sig and it is a pettry think got the norvell .074 and going to widen the mount got a 250 ma battery fuel tube i know every thing is not free but no harware i dont see a way to mount the switch iam going to contact futaba buy a car and get a donut for a spare boy o boy surprized that the range was 1200 ft saw the hitec package and wished i had got it and i might put this mess in a sig park biwingvacation was just canceled by the bossssssss. what next you guys are great[&:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41434.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	152074