Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Roll call for Johnston Co. NC SMALL on 25th!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Roll call for Johnston Co. NC SMALL on 25th!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll call for Johnston Co. NC SMALL on 25th!

Ok so who's going to be there? My wife and two kids are crashing the party and am looking forward to seeing all of my NC SMALL Flying friends again....Hey has anyone heard from JBoy in a while? I haven't seen him post. I guess I really have to finish the repairs to the Sniper and get the new tank finished.

LAter,
Tim
Old 07-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Roll call for Johnston Co. NC SMALL on 25th!

Tim,

I'm glad you started this post. I logged to this session to get one one started for the same reason. I would like to ask you to bring some samples of your non-Cox-engine anodizing work with you. I have been talking up the Pee Wee you did for me with the regular (I use the term loosely) JCAC members and I'm sure there will be some there who might be interested in LG, spinners, etc.
Also, I asked you about "engine turning" (I think that's the right term) and as a result I will have a combat muffler to show you that I abused with a Dremel and a small, round, metal-grinding bit. It is not quite what I was looking for but it is "swirly and shiney". I would like your opinion on any improvements you can offer.

AS for what I have planned for the event, well I had trouble coming up with a suitable half-time show. It finally boiled down to a tractor pull (we are surrounded by agriculture if you recall) and a wet T-shirt contest. OK, it may not sound like a hard choice to anyone else but some of the new tractors are way cool. Anyway, if it rains you guys can do the wet T thing. Maybe we could get someone to look.

As for awards and prizes, one of my neighbors has a connection to "Hi folks this is Tom Smith for C**** R**** Ford in Cary". I have been working through my neighbor on a really big prize drawing that only participants would be eligible for. I sure hope it works out. Boy will you be impressed!

Alas (for real), my activities will be somewhat restricted as a result of recent medical manipulations. I too am looking forward to getting the group back together. Well, except for "you know who".
Old 07-21-2004, 02:23 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in case there is that outside chance I can make it...how about you put that map back up Raymond...I know you go past Hooterview and Petticoat Junction then turn at Pixly but which way after that?!.....Rog
Old 07-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Roger (about your "outside chance"); yes (sigh), we will fly mostly outside as we have in the past. And I will feel really, really bad if you don't show up. In fact I might take that as a personal affront which will take me a very long time to get over because I am such a sensitive person. This sensitivity comes from the fact that I am in touch with my Sml Brd side in a special but manly way.

OK, I will let you off the hook if you can provide a hall pass or doctor's statement.

Directions are STILL on <http://jcac.netfirms.com>. Other people have written them down and keep them in their wallet. You do what you have to. But watch out for the sharp 90 degree turn just after you pass the nudist camp (grin).
Old 07-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Raymond and Tim,

Am really looking forward to this one.. as I do all of our little meets..and I wanted to let everybody know that the Hurdle Mills gang (informally known as Tri County R/C) is having a FUN FLY on August 14th!!.... Yep.. lots of fun events.. virtually no rules ... and some good prizes... I'm going to make an offical post soon when the flyer is done... and no.. this doesn't "count" as my Small Fly... this is just to do as we always do... fly.. have fun.. fly.. have fun.. eat... fly.. etc..

Gotta get something new ready for this one.. and of course.. the Hurdle Mills Small Fly will be around the middle of October... ain't this stuff fun !!!

more later...

Deadstik Dan......[8D]
Old 07-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Dan,

This is very good news because you and your clubmates are such gracious hosts. Please register me as your first guest (Its the only way I can get to be number one, sniff).
Old 07-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Hey fellow NC Small Flyers.....how far is Smithfield BBQ on exit 321 from the flying field???

Later,
Tim
Old 07-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Tim,

I don't know about an exit 321. But exit 312 has such a feeding place. On the ramp from your direction you would turn left on rte 42 toward Clayton. Smithfield BBQ is just on the other side of the interstate.

It would be easiest for you to get back on I-40 and re-exit at 319.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and your family again.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

The wife has her meeting at Smithfield BBQ she thought it was on exit 321..maybe it's 312!!!

Later,Tim
Old 07-21-2004, 09:58 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Well, looks like I have to pull out of the flyin this weekend. The wife has been in the hospital since Monday in a great deal of pain (Physical pain, not me!!) and they finally removed her gall bladder today. Hopefully she will be home Friday so I need to be here at the home front taking care of her. Sure hate missing Raymond's meet, its where all this NC 1/2A stuff started. Hope you guys have a ball and please post some pictures so I can see what happen. Hope to get back with you guys soon!

Thanks,

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 07-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is feeling better soon. We will miss you and I was looking forward to seeing your delta again!

Later,
Tim
Old 07-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Bob,

Give your wife my best wishes. That gall bladder operation is a big one. Make sure she takes things easy.

Tim,

I have to get clearance from my parole ..., er I mean, I only have "approval" to go to the model field so I don't often get past exit 319.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:04 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Raymond, I swear I will call you on my next trip to Wilmington. I usually stop at that exit for lunch on my way home. You and I got some wild blue to kill, that goes the same for you Mr. Bond! I have Raymond's number how about yours? PM me.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:59 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Someone should have mentioned this event earlier or at least reminded me.

From here on in I'd like to pin notices of Small events to the top until the event is over.

You guys have a great time this coming weekend.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:45 AM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

I am still more on the "I don't know yet" side of the question but I am planning to attend. Babysitting is still pending. So we'll see what happens. I sure do look forward to it though.

Tim, can you bring some of those .02 spinners with you? I would like a couple.

Hope to see y'all there.

Brian
Old 07-23-2004, 08:48 AM
flyinrog

Well Raymond, I was informed this morning that I will be having about a 15-16 hour night tonight....so if I work straight through, dont sleep and drive the 2 hours there, I might make it by 5 pm... naw, sounds like a bad plan to me, wish I could, and I wish there was a bit more central locale we could meet at[].(maybe I could crack the whip and drive really fast,Hey Tim can I borrow your car?)..course I also wish I had something ready to fly..

that goes the same for you Mr. Bond! I have Raymond's number how about yours?
, Hey Vicman I will pm you my number we have one field about 4 miles off of 85/40 I gather you travel quite a bit, perhaps you could watch me crash sometime..Rog
Old 07-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

ORIGINAL: fireman7875

Tim, can you bring some of those .02 spinners with you? I would like a couple.

Brian

Brian,

What color do you want?

Later,Tim
Old 07-23-2004, 09:29 AM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

How 'bout 1 purple and 1 blue cause I think that's what colors I'm gonna get you to do the engines in.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Roger,

Its nice to see someone refer to you as "Mr." but if you can't make it on Sunday (and I hereby grant you immunity) maybe you and Vic and I can coagulate at your field some day if its more convenient for the bote of yuz. Whatcha think?

Tim,

As I asked before, bring some "stock" and I expect to have an engine to send back with you.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:03 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will probabally be out there again in the next three weeks. Sometimes it is hard to schedule. Let me know. I had my Corsair in the car last Wed. Squeezed in one flight after my first call in Clemmons, stuck the battery on the charger while driving and was good to go for another when I got home. I was all the way up in Roxboro, waiting for Mr. La...."s call that never came so I headed back. Two weeks ago I flew in my customer's back yard off 49.[8D]
Old 07-29-2004, 05:41 PM
jboy381-RCU

HEY GUYS!!! i'm still alive...i've been working two jobs for the past couple of months...this is the first time i've been on in a long wile...am i to late for the meet???was it rescheduled on account of rain???please tell i'm not missing out...

PS: my PM box still works i think...roger i haven't forgot about our deal,just haven't had time to do anything...man working sucks...

john
Old 07-29-2004, 08:15 PM
flyinrog

Yeah I worked 2 jobs a while,actually on and off during the year...you know what happens..you buy more stuff that you dont have time to play with anyway,,good to see you back....Rog