Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Fuel Tank question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 02:19 AM
Iceman04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank question

hey,

Im new to R/C flying....i have a 1/2 A pylon racer with a .61 Norvel Big Mig in it...what size tank should i conisder using???

Thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 04:41 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Tank question

You will get about 7 mins of flight time per ounce of fuel. I prefer a 2 oz tank for .061 to .074, but many people use a 1 oz tank.

My personal favourite is the Hayes 2oz. Very easy to setup, doesn't leak and has a small compact fuel cap instead of brass tubes.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXK828&P=ML
Old 07-23-2004, 08:33 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with Bipe. I just used my first Hayes tank and what a pleasure it was. The sullivan and Dubro tanks are a hassle to set up. Getting the brass vent line bent just right usualy took me a coulpe of tries. All you have to do with the Hayes is make sure the fuel line to the clunk is the correct length. I think I had mine together in about a minute. Also Hayes supplied fuel line that would actualy work with the small tank. The line that comes with the sullivan tanks is usless as it isn't flexable enough to allow the clunk it's required full range of motion. (even though the clunk is the size of Texas). The Hayes clunk is smaller, lighter, which saves weight.
I won't ever use the Sullivan or Dubro tanks again. Another good option for the .061 would be the Fugi film canister tank. It's very light and holds a little over an oz. I'm getting about nine minute flights on my .061's with the film tank.

Darren
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Lynn S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BF,
I didn't know Hayes made 2 oz tanks. Thanks for the link!