Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Question on HOB thrust angles~

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Question on HOB thrust angles~

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 05:38 AM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on HOB thrust angles~

I am having diffudulty with the HOB Bonanza, using the .061 and the JKAerotech slick mount. the mount does not match the thrust angle (according to the balsa nose doubler) and I was wondering what type of detrimental affects this may or may not have on the aircraft.

I can remedy the situation but I figgured I would ask here first.

the spinner is sooo tight on the end of this airplane it's hard to explain.the motor mount kinda has to sit up above the top deck to clear the spinner and have the right angles according to the instructions. (nose doubler) the carb is hitting the spinner ring and the balsa cowl opening. both parts have been trimmed down and I think I might not use them at all dont know just yet. I think I may grind down the carb on the 061 first to see how much clearance that gives me

wish I could explain better-

any ideas, comments suggestions, refferals, corrections, additions etc..?

L.R.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:35 AM
Gitano

Default Question on HOB thrust angles~

hello

well i don't know if it'll help but i'm about to finnish 1 HOB bonanza, mine has an O.S. 0.10, it's a big engine for the plane, and have the same problem as you , but much bigger, i had to move back the fire wall 1/2" also had to cut aout the fire wall to make a secondary one to hold the retracile gear, i've installed robart ones, everything in this plane is very very tigh, well, as i moved back the firewall 1/2" i also had to move back the balsa doublers that go in front of it, i also added a little down trust, it really help when it come to triming the aircaft, that way with or with out power u got to use almost the same trim, also aded a little right trust, because i'll only use 4 channels, no rudder, so it'll help on take off, i kinda understood your question, but i'll try to give as much information as i can , also i didn't use the plywood nose ring, also had to do a big hole for the carburator because of teh very limited spaceu got there, also i didn't left the front lower hatch removable, i'll have to glue it when the plane is totaly finished just about befor covering, also moved the wing 1" to the front helps a lot on the balance, and also makes tail 1" longer helping in stability something u'll need a lot on a V-tail, also moved the whole cabin deck 1/2" to the front for more scale looks,...uuummm...also cut the cabin on former #10 cuz it's very har gluing the hole piece and made the back turtle deck aout of 1/16 balsa, also the cabin is removable now, is the only acces to the inner parts, i'm about to do tip-tanks...lots of mods huh?...well i don't know if it helped...but any question u got u can ask me i'll try to help u...
Old 12-12-2002, 01:29 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Default clearance

Hi, mine had an inverted 061 on dave brown mount. the hole for intake lined up perfect with the landing light hole and square hole shown on the supplied 3-view. worked just fine! don't remember if i shimmed nose ring out any, but if you use an 074...! wildfred