Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

NFX fuel oil content

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

NFX fuel oil content

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:39 PM
PsychTeacher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NFX fuel oil content

Does anyone know the oil content of NFX (Global) 35% nitro fuel? I am finishing an .010 project with a Steve Adams throttle and Steve advises 23% (castor) oil content in the fuel for best life and performance in the little noisemaker. I have the Klotz Benol castor oil but I can't compute how much to add to the fuel without knowing the base formula. The Global website was of no help at all.

Thanks in advance, Ben Newkirk
Old 08-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Remby
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: NFX fuel oil content

The lower two NFX fuels (15%-25%) were a all castor based fuel, oil was around 21-20% castor. The 35% added a bit of synth oil, but am not sure of the oil content.

This is based on reading the engine instructions for a AP Wasp, and its requirements for the engine and the NFX fuel.

I will stand corrected if others can give this info the boot, and it is hard to get anyone to say what is in the fuel, other than the AP instructions, & Global's website sparce info.

The 25% is what I used, and would prefer it to the 35% based on its all castor blend, and the extra wear on the engine from the higher nitro (35%). But , if you need the speed more than a longer life motor, the 35% is as good as any, and needs nothing added in my opinion.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
PsychTeacher

Thanks, Remby.

(I went away on vacation and am back now:thus the long silence.)

Ben Newkirk
Old 08-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Remby
My Feedback: (3)

No problem.

I have issues with Klotz, it looks to burn and darken the piston top black, and never had that happen with the NFX, even the 35%. But, I may be need to lower the compression, just to be sure it is not me.

Klotz is used in the Sig 1/2a Champion fuel, and if I can find the NFX 25%, I would switch back as I never had this trouble with it.