Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Mini Funtanna rebuild, need plane pics please!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Mini Funtanna rebuild, need plane pics please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Sneasle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Funtanna rebuild, need plane pics please!

I now have 6 planes in my fleet. My DNU, which will be repainted/decaled and hung up for decoration because of weight issues, my mustang which might have the ssame fate as the DNU, my glider which will get an electric power system and a servo controlled tow release, a crashed 40 sized avistar trainer which needes a minor fuse repair and a major wing fix(didnt break the spar though, but i have a spare wing, although i dont trust it), a small Stick ish low wing which need a rudder made for it, and a mini funtana which a guy at work gave me yesterday.

he has been trying to get rid of it since he crashed it a while back. It had been crashed once before and he went in and repaired it(broke the fuse above and behind the wing) and reinforced it pretty well. Well, he crashed it again and this time cracked 4 ribs in one wing (wing tip and in) and crunched the front of the fuse. He didnt give me all the peiced and I am not familiar witht his plane at all so I don't know how it is supposed to look. I know it comes as an ARF, but I was wondering if anyone had some really really nice photos of the front of the fuse that I could use as a guide to cut new peices from? I did a search and found many threads about this plane and glow conversions, which is what I plan on doing (mustang .15 maybe?) and some of the threads had good pictures, but none good enough that i could use for this.

oh, and does anyone know how the norvel .25 compares to the os la .15 in size, weight, and power?
Old 08-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Mini Funtanna rebuild, need plane pics please!

oh, and does anyone know how the norvel .25 compares to the os la .15 in size, weight, and power?
Favourably. The Norvel is larger - not sure about weight - wayyy more power.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Sneasle

well... i suppose that is a start. maybe i should hop over to the 3d forums.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Husky

More Description for: NORVEL AME .25 BB R/C Revlite

All-aluminum, one-piece cylinder/sleeve made of exclusive Revlite technology reduces weight, improves cooling, and increases power. Unique SolidBod twin-needle carb adjusts fuel mixture instantly and is durable (unlike remote needle designs). Better yet, the extended, angled needle valve is safely adjusted from the rear of the engine. Engine has dual ball-bearings and extended needle valve. NORVEL Warranty is 3 years.
Mounting dimensions match other .25-size ball bearing engines, such as the O.S. FX 25. Prop shaft is removable. Insert one way for long shaft and the opposite way for short shaft. Uses standard glow plug.

Specifications for AME .25 BB R/C Revlite

Spec Name Description
1 Displacement .25 cu in (4.1 cc)
2 Muffler Included, Rotating exhaust outlet, Attached w/ bolts, Pressure Tap
3 Glow Plug Not Included
4 Weight 9.35 oz. (265 g) incl. muffler
5 Cylinder Piston Set Revlite AAO (Aluminum piston Nickel-plated, Aluminum cylinder Oxide ceramic coating)
6 Carburetor Twin Needle SolidBod Carb w/ Angled, Extended Needle Valve
7 RPM w/ 9 x 4 APC 3,000-16,000
8 Bore .68 in. (17.3 mm)
9 Horsepower 0.91 at 16,000 rpm
10 Fuel Consumption 25.36 fl. oz./hour (750 g/hour)
11 Stroke .66 in. (17.0 mm)
12 Warranty 3 yr
13 Fuel 0-35% nitro
14 Bearing Dual Ball Bearing

Norwel has the same installation dimensions as OS 25LA