Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox what ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
lukesp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox what ?

Novielo has begun a thread here to ask what types of Cox engines he has. One of them is the same as mine. Rather than hijack his thread I thought I might start this. What is it ? Twin port (number 6 cylinder) Babe Bee to look at but the tank is an unvented 8cc. Does anyone know what these came on ? I'm fairly certain they aren't a Texaco with the anodizing removed, unless of course Cox made these as the first Texaco ?

They ocassionaly pop up on ebay too, so it's not a one of a kind. Car engine ? Prop rod ?

Luke

Edited because of plain stupidity [&:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58507.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	535329  
Old 10-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Default RE: Cox what ?

Luke,

The common name for those is Silver Bee or Super Bee. Just a Babe Bee with the 8cc tank. I don't really know if they ever came on anything or if they were just an engine you could buy without a plane.

LAter,Tim
Old 10-04-2006, 06:59 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default RE: Cox what ?

I don't think the Super Bee had an 8cc tank. I think they were just a Babe Bee with a twin bypass cyl...used on the P-40 RTF ukie. Dunno where the clear anodized non-vented 8cc tank came from. I think I have one around here somewhere though.