Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Conversion elect to glow

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Conversion elect to glow

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:08 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Conversion elect to glow

I have been really thinking about a new project-I would like to buy that new GP SE5a parkflier electric and install a nib .074 big mig on it instead of electric power-My questions: Is the .074 large enough for scale flight (34 inch wingspan and 1.5-1.8lbs.), 420 inch wing area, 25.5 length. I am sure the weight they give in advertisement is the naked airplane with no electronics or battery, motor.
The airplane is a beauty for $89.95, or do you think a os 10-15 would be a better choice-thanks jmc
Old 12-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Conversion elect to glow

Jim,
There is a fellow on the Ezone site that has done just that- it's under the 1/2 A section. I have been talking to him about the same thing.
He used a OS .10 and says it works great ( see his build thread - assembly- it's an arf ). I asked about the .074 and he says it should work great. I wish there was a 8 x 2 prop out there for that engine- it only seems to like the 7 x 3- no 8 x 2 to buy and try.
I have one on order from Tower ( my wife's Christmas present to me ), but am also thinking about using a Axi brushless ( I have one sitting around as well as the Norvel .074 ). They also have a New byplane as well- I think D-7?- but out of stock right now and looks real nice. I hope they make the DR-1 as well- could have a whole fleet of WW1 stuff.
Dale