Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Looking for an eindecker kit....

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Looking for an eindecker kit....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 04:13 PM
tangerine-jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an eindecker kit....

Whatever happened with Davey Systems Eindecker Trainer/Sport Flyer Kit #RC011? I had two of them years ago and flew them literaly to death. I loved that little plane! The first one I had covered in standard red shiny monocoat, the second I covered in solar tex. I can't remember what happened to the first one, but the second I had a radio glitch and lost it in a swamp. Anybody know where I can get one or at least the plans for it? Or something similar?
Old 12-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Looking for an eindecker kit....

TJ.

I have a "Champion Kit" of the Forkker Eindecker. I don't know if Champion bought Davey out and produced this kit. It has 36 inch span, 240 sq. .049, for 2 channel. This kit was designed by Mile Leasure and was featured in the November 84 issue of Flying Models.

I'm not sure If I want to sell the kit, maybe with some arm twisting, but I can get you a copy of the plans.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32963.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	584161  
Old 12-26-2006, 11:10 PM
hfenn

Yep, all the same plane. I flew one a friend built, a nice little plane.
ORIGINAL: Rick W

TJ.

I have a "Champion Kit" of the Forkker Eindecker. I don't know if Champion bought Davey out and produced this kit. It has 36 inch span, 240 sq. .049, for 2 channel. This kit was designed by Mile Leasure and was featured in the November 84 issue of Flying Models.

I'm not sure If I want to sell the kit, maybe with some arm twisting, but I can get you a copy of the plans.

Rick

Old 12-26-2006, 11:45 PM
tangerine-jack

I think that's the one. Nifty little flat bottom airfoil with a banded-on shoulder wing, simple box fuse and flat stock tail feathers. I made a cowl for it out of the bottom of a soda bottle. The thing flew great! I used a TD .051 and 2 channels, it would zoom up out of site in nothing flat, then glide all day long when the motor cut out. Fairly indestructable, I remember having several cartwheel landings and nose flips before I learned how to land a tail-dragger- it survived them all with only slight bruises. I would love to see what it could do with a throttle and micro-servos, none of which I could afford some 20 years ago. I used to carry it around in my car and fly before work and wherever I could find an open field. Love that little plane! I guess each of us has a special plane that we flew, it may have not been the fastest or most aerobatic, but for each of us it was "special", the Davey's Eindecker was mine.

I'd be very happy with just the plans, although the whole kit would be better time-wise, I don't think I could get the wife to buy off on the idea (I just spent a fortune on parts for my other hobby, a '71 Triumph Tiger).

Yes, I'm interested in whatever I can get!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Rick W

TJ

Heading to my brothers machine shop to play, I'll PM ya when I get home maybe we can work something out for the kit. I'll never get it built but if you just want a copy of the plans, no problem, PM me your address and I'll get them to ya.

Rick
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Davy had a fire a few years ago and that effectively put them out of business.
Dennis
Old 01-01-2007, 02:50 PM
SquirlNutZipper
My Feedback: (9)

Would you be willing to make two copies of the plans?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:45 PM
tangerine-jack

Hey Rick, got your plans today (I've been out of town for a few days) YOU DA MAN! Thanks, and thanks again! It's perfect!

What a great buch of guys on this forum!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Rick W

TJ,

Enjoy. Putting one together myself but not from the kit, just using the plans. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it was lost in kit land.

I got a kick out the kid doing the copying at a local copy shop, he made a copy for himself and put it on display at the shop. That's the way to get the word out...

Thx.

Rick
Old 01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

TJ, now that the stage is set.......you gotta do a build thread! I think it's your turn to do one, anyway.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:35 PM
tangerine-jack

Build thread, OK. I've got a million and one things going on right now so don't expect it done soon, but yes, I'll do it! Such a simple project really, just 3/16 square stock fuse and 1/16 sheet for ribs, very stick and tissue!

Hmmm, I've got some micro servos laying around, yes, and oooh lookie here, an unused Texaco!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:38 PM
SquirlNutZipper
My Feedback: (9)

Rick,

Received the plans a few days back. Been busier than stink but thank you so much. I can't wait to get her built. I still have to get the Eastbourne build thread done and then after that it's the Eindecker. Should have some extra build time this spring after things at work are settled in a bit.

Alex
Old 03-01-2015, 04:25 AM
UASprof

Came across this thread doing some research for my new book on unmanned aircraft. I designed and built that first eindecker as a Sophmore at Purdue and flew it on a Golden Bee .049 as I recall. I also built one for a fellow named Ron Cheek in Lafayette in trade for using his laptop for my programming class at Purdue. I had to be one of the first to try to use a dial modem to complete my assignments from across town. I still have an original Champion Models kit unopened. Great to see you guys enjoying that old kit!