RCU Forums - View Single Post - Space Shuttle Depron RC Model - Scratch..
Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Space Shuttle Depron RC Model - Scratch..

Yes, this is not your ordinary EDF JET but, it will be powered by an Electric Ducted Fan unit of 64mm and 4-Cell, Li-POLYs.

A friend "gave" this model to me and I will be enhancing it to allow for:

1. Wing Airfoil to allow for better lift and Glide Slope qualities.
2. Adjust EDF location to allow for a more forward Center-Of-Gravity.
3. Adjust the Main landing gear to allow rotation on Rise-Off-Ground (ROG).
4. Incorporate some cheater holes on each side of the FUSE (more like recessed panels going inwards) right in front of the EDF.

This model is not available by anyone and it was a (in my opinion) failed project gone bad due to the lack of communication between the designer and people he involved himself to make the airframe.

As an Aerospace Engineer working at Kennedy Space Center and who have worked on numerous Avionic systems on the Space Shuttle, I dislike many items on "As-Is" model given to me, however, in honor of the Space Shuttle and it's enormous contribution to USA and the world partner counties, I am going to "attempt" to save this model and have it fly in a manner that will honor it's name! There is another person posting his review on the "AS-IS" model and will be posting it's flight characteristics which from his accounts are very poor.

I am not looking for anyone to come here and discuss PAST HISTORY and notice that I am not naming any particular outfit or other names here so, please resist coming here to discuss any past history accounts!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SpaceShuttle.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	2237859