RCU Forums - View Single Post - 5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race
Old 09-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

I for one can't wait for this weekend! The final race of the year. We get to find out who takes home the first place trophy in each class for the year! Not to mention bragging rights!

I saw a pretty cool act of kindness last sunday. Bianca's race plane ended up taking a dirt nap and none other then Jimmy Skids came to the rescue and got her a new world models p-51 before she even left the field! I'm sure the DaSilva's are throwing that thing together this week to give me some competion this weekend. Good juju Skids!

Good luck to everyone. I'm looking forward to good racing and good bar-b-que's!

See, I can be nice and not make fun of everybody!
Leadfoot,
I can honestly say that my motivation was not to provide her a plane with the intent to beat you in bronze. My only thought was that she was so upset about loosing the Bee that we all could chip in and get her back up and flying. I took her motor down to nothing, hosed it down with cleaner, blew it out with compressed air, then flushed it in a big bucket of methanol, then hosed it down again, then blew it dry, then oiled everything, called YS for spare parts, ordered the parts and with any luck we should have the new Miss America flying by Thursday (Her dad and I spoke today and he is almost done with assembly). In my search for parts MANY racers offered assistance and the answer was always whatever she needs she can HAVE. It's very touching to see all the people who are willing to help out the youth in getting a plane up in the air.

With that said I wish the two of you good luck this weekend in the Bronze. Since your post was so positive I can't really root against you (Door opened for Tommy or Roy to come in and bash all the racers now).
Skids