RCU Forums - View Single Post - CL model towing a glider?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 04:44 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: CL model towing a glider?

Avaiojet Certainly go for it. I beleve it is entirely practical with a double controlline pilot setup. Mixing RC and controlline for the two I feel would be a mistake.

I have done considerable RC aerotow on water and land as well as both ends of the towline but not this and its definately an exciting challange. Indeed the question as to why is simple 'its the challange' Composite cradle launch is a bore, Aerotow is very cool.

Dang this is exciting, heck I even have a Waco PG-1 which was the one off twin engine version of the CG 4A troop glider. I flew it a bunch as an RC airplane with a couple of 15's untill I got bored with it. This would make an easy conversion back to a glider and controlline. OH man now I need a C-47. bet that top flight kit would be a perfect conversion.

I hate it when on these aerotow gigs I always somehow end up building/converting both ends. I wished you lived near AJ. Anyway you are not crazy and its a perfect challange, is doable and do not let anybody talk you out of it even if you have to do both ends of the tow line and train a pilot for one end or the other

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44191.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	1506157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eg76695.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	1506158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Re34779.jpg
Views:	34