RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes
Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes

Here are some pictures showing Dave Snow's new Wind S Pro. (Dave's in the pictures as well ...) Dave is trying out the Contra with his Wind S Pro. He is using the Neu f3a motor, and 25C 5000 mah f3aUnlimited Packs. He is drawing 80 plus amps with this motor, and pulling about 4000 mah out of his pack for the AMA Masters Sequence, (This is 21 maneuvers, excluding takeoff and landing ...) and Dave tells me that he is currently not using the brake in his ESC. He is relying on the braking effect from both props to slow the plane down on downlines.

Dave has about ten flights so far with this setup, and it sounds very quiet in the air. I saw if fly at Hoffman Estates in Chicago USA, and if there was another plane in the air, it was very hard to hear Dave's plane. Dave tells me that during the previous ten flights he has removed many of the mixes that he had put in to counter motor torque effects when he was running a single prop setup. He's also running with zero degrees of right thrust, and a small amount of downthrust. He's still optimizing the downthrust to get his vertical uplines absolutely perfect.

Dave and I actually flew together in Chicago. He had his Wind S Pro, and I had my Integral. It was real cool to see two Contra setups side by side on the flight line. (I should have taken a picture, but I was having too much fun flying ...)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18815.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1506857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73495.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1506858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv52982.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	137.3 KB