RCU Forums - View Single Post - Couple of boats to choose from
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 12:00 PM
carwen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Couple of boats to choose from

Well, if you have battery thatt is. 270$ + like 150$ for lipo +shipping for both + some like grease and other stuff. Maybe like 450$ (you might get a cheaper deal on lipo depending on where you get it. the 150$ is for 2 lipo at my local hobby shop)
ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: carwen

Shockwave is great boat but doesnt like chop and isnt as fast as the others. Supervee27r has problems with staying in water but has really good speeds. Fastech is just as fast but does a hell lot better of staying in the water and is a lot more stable. If you dont want to spend so much money, get a single cell boat with a nimh battery .300$ and you can get shockwave 26 brushless running. 450$ for pro boat fastech and like 500$ for supervee 27r according to what i remember. Widowmaker is great too but has bad low speed handling and is around the same speed as shockwave 26. I have no experience with that other boat though.
actually when you setup a SV27r correctly, they stay planted on the water and win races, and faster than the Fastech!
and you can pick one up for only $270 from towerhobbies.. no where near $500 [:-]