RCU Forums - View Single Post - Space Shuttle Depron RC Model - Scratch..
Old 10-16-2010, 06:24 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Space Shuttle Depron RC Model - Scratch..

Well guys!

I got the chute assembled, very easy as it is a Estes Parachute!

I have it mounted to a small piece of straw and I am brain storming on a small (not too small) perhaps the Analog Park Zone long Lead cable servo that you find in the Park Zone T-28 and F4U Corsair. This servo having a long lead cable will eliminate the need for extensions towards my Spektrum AR500 Receiver and it will be Electrically connected to the Flap function.

I will set up the Servo mechanically to serve three positions.

1. To keep the Chute within Engine Number #2 nozzle (Top Position).

2. Activating the first position switch will open and have a pilot chute depoly and take out the main Estes Chute (Gravity no spring, the inside nozzle will have a 2mm depron foam platform to allow the chute to fall naturally). Once deployed, the chute will keep on a wire attached to the servo arm in a 90 degree manner.

3. Once the model has almost rolled to a stop, I will then, switch the last remaining Flap Position and the arm will extend such that the entire chute will slide OFF the wire attached to the arm and the Chute assembly will fall off entirely.

My main goal was to make sure the Chute could be detached from the model in case the chute was inadvertently deployed!

Pictures coming later in the day!

Carlos[8D]