RCU Forums - View Single Post - Impulse Buy ......
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 03:02 PM
AlphaWhisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Impulse Buy ......

I am about as far from being an expert as you can get with this electric stuff but offer the folowing observation.

The Tx (WK 2402)supplied with the Walkera 5G6 appears identical to that that came with the Novus Huey, except the latter has a D/R switch included. Of course all the decals etc are different, but I would be very surprised if these weren't produced in the same (Chinese) factory.

Instructions for both helis are to run the throttle down to full idle prior to switching on, but curiously, the Walkera instruction is to switch on the Tx prior to connecting the Rx lipo whereas the Novus instruction is the other way around - Rx lipo connect and then switch on the Tx to bind. That is at odds with the way I was brought up using regular gear in i.c. planes, but it works fine.

At this stage I have flown the Novus Huey with the Walkera Tx only - I haven`t yet programmed the Novus Tx to mode 1 or even got around to putting 8 cells into it.

The 5G6 seems defective in that just once in about a dozen or more attempts has it looked like running, but only one set of rotors turned briefly, and even then with not nearly enough power to fly....

Alan W