RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Figurine!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Pilot Figurine!!!

Pilots are usually hand painted by the planes builder so the color is a pilots choice for the most part. I do find a number of black pilots for the larger scale IMAC planes at my LHS hanging on the wall. The warbird pilots I have used over the years are made od a light rubber and come without any paint at all. These are made in england by D&K and usually found in any hobby shop worth walking into. Just a small selection odf brushes and the Testors paint in the colors of your choice. In this case I'm showing one of the {VERY OLD} D&K pilots I have had collecting dust for years. It's setting next to Mini Me that a friend made up for me some years back, we have never met in person but he painted for a photo of me at some event I was at? Mini Me is a plastic pilot and found in most hobby shops. The one sitting in one of my Extras is also an old one made of plastic. The rubber D&K sitting in one of my old bipes I painted about 10 years ago, he is getting a bit stiff and the paint is starting to peel a bit but he can still handle a plane pretty well. All hobby shops or craft stores have the Testors paint in stock. It is true, I haven't run into a lot of black warbird pilots for either of the great wars but I do run across them once in a while. Painting is your best bet though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68158.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1521370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41645.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1521371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35071.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.5 KB