RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phase 3 EF - 16
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phase 3 EF - 16

Thought I''d share a couple of pictures of my new bird. The wings are painted but, all else are decals.

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting this bird to fly straight and level. It wants to take a hard dive to terra firma with the factory CG position. I mounted the motor 1 1/2" aft of the molded liine because I'll be using 3S 2200 batteries weighing approx. 164 oz. Static balance with the battery mounted in front of the receiver was a bit nose heavy but, that's desirable especially for first flight. On the first flight I had to give it full UP trim and it still wanted to nose dive. I immediately landed and made adjustments to bring the battery further to the rear. That helped quite a bit but, it still required a lot of UP trim to keep it level. I made mechanical adjustments to position the elevators even with the bottom of the fuselage rather than 1/4" up as the manual states. That creates a lot of drag and I'd rather not fly it that way.
Have any of you folks figured out the CG mystery on this plane? It seems a lot of folks are having the same issue.

RJ

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90969.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1524158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89035.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1524159