RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first MERV...
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 03:51 PM
WhatWhat44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first MERV...

Thanks!

A few questions:

Could apinionchange make the top speed higher and traction looser? If sowhichoneshouldI gofor? And how? ;-)

Also, about running two batteries in series, themanualexplicitly saysthatonthebrushed revo the ESC can't handle the voltage - is it just a question of cooling? If so can I install a small screen metal mash (insteadofthe'front window') andimprovethe cooling? It's usually bellow 10C here in winter (and much lower...)

Lastly,
Does the nini-revo a complete scalereplicaof the E-revo?Otherthan engines etc? How close are they.

Thanks again!

ORIGINAL: gforce2448
1) With the brushed version your top speed won't be that fast unfortunately. You can try running two batteries in series or change your pinion, just watch your motor/esc temps then.

2) 4wd aren't meant to really slide in corners, they basically track around the corner even in dirt. They won't do any power slides like a 2wd. They are much easier to drive in my opinion.

3) You probably aren't going to be able to do wheelies until you go brushless and lipo. I have a VXL Merv and even with two stock nimhs in series it wouldn't do any wheelies until Istarted running lipos.