RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well, they finally got me....
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:52 PM
ScottMcM
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, they finally got me....

I always considered myself too smart to allow my computer to be infected by a virus.....until this morning, that is. Several weeks ago, I placed an order with Hobby King. I got an e-mail this morning, supposedly from FedEx Global, saying that my package had been sent back to the regional office, because of improper address.Attached was the "Shipping label", that I was supposed to print out and carry to the fedex office to retrieve my package.....yep, I fell for it, and tried to open the attachment. My virus protection immediately was activated, and the virus supposedly has been quaranteened...I hope so. I called the local FedEx office, and , no surprise to me, they had no record of any such problem. I even sent an e-mail to HK, basically chewing their butts out for misshipping the package....Boy do I feel stupid now.....but it started me thinking....someone had to know I was expecting a shipment for the plan to work as well as it did.......maybe an employee?.....I really don't know how I could have avoided the trap....thank God for virus protection....