View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCM Acro Star and Proctor Bolero

ORIGINAL: doxilia

Skybolts rule!

I wan't even considering the Sig Skybolt... I would fly one of these in a heartbeat. I did not realise this would be considered or accepted in classic pattern circles. I know there are still kits being sold out there. I'll have to see if I can invest in one.

My apologies David. My reply was a bit short sided in it's nature. I like the skybolt as well. I flew in a RC club in Denver called M.A.S. (Mineature Aero Sportsters) that was started by Lamar Steen himself. The story goes that Mr. Steen was a High School teacher and one of his classes helped him design the biplane. He then built the thing in his basement with the help of some students. At least that is how I remember the story. Maybe someone from MAS could clarify it for me.

My question is which came 1st, the Skybolt or the Pitts? It seems to me the Skybolt is a stretched out Pitts.

RFJ-

You have always been a geat help. Thank you for your information on the Bolero.

Has anyone any experience with the Bolero?

Brian

edit:

As it turns out, I am happy to find several attractive biplanes that can be considered for this era and genre of competiton flying. I just stumbled onto a two more. The first pic is a Reed Falcon Biplane, and the 2nd pic is a Fyg-Leaf. The 3rd is the Acro Star, and the Bolero is seen in the previous post.

The 4th and 5th pics are the Stagger-Bi by Phil Kraft. Not attractive IMO, but worth seeing. Very nice.
The 6th is Joe Bridi's Bree Zee. (Anyone have other pics of this finished and flying? Please post if you would.)