RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 AM
profmb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide

Woodbender, good to hear from you. I agree with your sentiments and what you suggest makes much sense. However, I cannot help but think that if this forum were to establish a simple template of the step by step form - with template examples as you suggest - then those in the know (Wikipedia style) could populate the form in a standard way such thus us mere mortals could understand. In trye Wiki style the entries could then all be moderated!

Perhaps Futaba engineers could post sample - downloadable configurations that would enable us users to understand the interactions between different functions? You know how some software does this, to show users what a well documented configuration should like?

Ulitmately of course getting this matter sorted at source would be the best approach as you suggest. Interestingly my club mates say that they prefer this or that system because it easier to programme - most use JR, Multiplex and some now Hitech. I am alone with my Futaba. Even the guy who runs the model shop where I brought it from is still struggling with his! So maybe this is an angle that Futaba could explore - you either go adding more and more functionality and features (like S-Bus) or you say: 'wait a minute we are in danger of leaving our user base behind'...the same old addage with software: 20-30% of the features are ever used by most users - so why go adding more compexity which perhaps only a minority really appreciate?

Perhaps Futaba ought to run a customer survey to get some good quality data in order to understand how big an issue this is?