RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Skaluf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide

Roger,

The content for 103 is already set. Programmable and pre-programmed mixing will come a bit later in the series. As they say, you have to walk before you can run. I've designed this series to build on steps learned previously.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will add them to my "to do" list.

Steve

ORIGINAL: RogerParrett

Steve,

Great video... A suggestion for Programming 103.... In addition to covering ''Conditions'', could you please consider covering how one programs ''Flaperons''? Since many people getting the 12FG/Z series radios are coming from radios that supported flaperons at the menu level, I've found that telling someone to:

1) Set the Camber Mix to ACT (huh?)
2) Go to the Camber/Ail screen and set both the 50% (double huh?)
3) Go to the FUNCTION screen and set Camber to a switch - or slider - depending on the operation...
4) Set the Speed In/Out to 23 (speed? what the hey?)

in the 12FG can be rather confusing.

Then, maybe in Programming 104, you can go over what ''Virtual Channels'' are, and why you'd want to use them....

And finally, you can show them how to create pre-programmed manuvers with the timed offset capabilties. Flip a switch and the plane's ailerons, elevator, and rudder all move in a sync'd manner to execute a nice 3 second roll ... too cool! (BTW, for the 12FG, you'd need at least rev 1.6).