RCU Forums - View Single Post - A new year and a new AMA Forum.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:44 PM
2muchfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A new year and a new AMA Forum.

Hey AMA

I have just renewed my AMA membership for the first time! I have been out of the hobby for 30 years, but got pulled back in 2-3 years ago because of all the technical improvements in the hobby (and I can afford to do it now...lol).

Thanks for everything you do. I found the website helpful in finding a flying club. I haven't joined that flying field yet but I intend to next spring after the Christmas holidays are over as long as they have a place open for me.

Thanks for the insurance! One of the main reasons for me joining was to keep the RELAXATION part in this hobby! Each time I flew last year I was super worried about an acident happening and it occurred that with the insurace I wouldn't have to worry so much and that would leave more room for FUN! The aircraft that I want to start building now are too large to fly out of my backyard and I will definitely need that insurance.

I hear of so many organizations out there that support every imaginable group of people, but for us modelers, we have you and I am thankful for that. I remember when I was a lot younger I would go out with my Dad and watch and be amazed at the "miniature planes" flying and even though Dad never did get into modeling, I swore to myself that one day when I had the time and money I would do it and do it right! I wish I hadn't waited until my 40ies, but better late than never!

A long time modeler but new AMA member!