Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 A new year and a new AMA Forum. >

A new year and a new AMA Forum.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

A new year and a new AMA Forum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:16 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A new year and a new AMA Forum.

I think things have improved...a little...
If some guys could get past inserting their personal agenda into every stinkin thread I would be even better.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just did....hehe

Ron
Old 03-27-2009, 09:19 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The harder you try, the less funny you get.[&o]
Old 12-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Since its going to be all shiny and new in here what are the odds we could get a rep from the ama to answer questions and lend incite on the ama and how they are better meeting their members needs?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 PM

This thread is going on 2 years old now, so no shiny and new here. Sorry.

The AMA has their own forum where you can ask questions directly to AMA reps. You can access that via the AMA website.

Frank
Old 05-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Question for the AMA, When are they planning a definitive article about "proper disposal/handling of LiPo batteries". LiPo batteries are being used in increasing numbers and there seem to be a lot of myths regarding how exactly to render a LiPo safe for disposal. They may have run articles in the past however, this seems to be an issue that needs repeated re-enforcement!

Respectfully,

Michael
AMA 33237
Old 05-22-2010, 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Elecfryer

Question for the AMA, When are they planning a definitive article about ''proper disposal/handling of LiPo batteries''. LiPo batteries are being used in increasing numbers and there seem to be a lot of myths regarding how exactly to render a LiPo safe for disposal. They may have run articles in the past however, this seems to be an issue that needs repeated re-enforcement!

Respectfully,

Michael
AMA 33237
Michael,

If you are asking me, then I would post your question in the AMA forum. That is the best get answers to those kinds of questions directly from AMA leadership and staff.

Frank
Old 12-06-2010, 08:37 AM

Ken,
Is there any maintence going on? I can access everything EXCEPT under the BUY & SELL tab. No pages are loading under this tab???
I have an add running and need to make changes asap.
Please help
Thanks
Old 12-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Hey AMA

I have just renewed my AMA membership for the first time! I have been out of the hobby for 30 years, but got pulled back in 2-3 years ago because of all the technical improvements in the hobby (and I can afford to do it now...lol).

Thanks for everything you do. I found the website helpful in finding a flying club. I haven't joined that flying field yet but I intend to next spring after the Christmas holidays are over as long as they have a place open for me.

Thanks for the insurance! One of the main reasons for me joining was to keep the RELAXATION part in this hobby! Each time I flew last year I was super worried about an acident happening and it occurred that with the insurace I wouldn't have to worry so much and that would leave more room for FUN! The aircraft that I want to start building now are too large to fly out of my backyard and I will definitely need that insurance.

I hear of so many organizations out there that support every imaginable group of people, but for us modelers, we have you and I am thankful for that. I remember when I was a lot younger I would go out with my Dad and watch and be amazed at the "miniature planes" flying and even though Dad never did get into modeling, I swore to myself that one day when I had the time and money I would do it and do it right! I wish I hadn't waited until my 40ies, but better late than never!

A long time modeler but new AMA member!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:46 PM

oh, btw, my AMA nr. is 945527

Thanks again!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:22 AM

Now here is a guy that thinks the ama is mainly insurance, just like 99% of the others do.

Welcome 2 much fun
Old 12-31-2010, 04:32 PM

RCKen,
It's a shame that you have to lecture adults(?) like they were children, but when things get to that point, I see you as having no other choice. I agree TOTALLY any trouble makers will have a hard time with your/RCU's new stance, and some have said as much already. I applaud your work. It's like being a ref in the NFL or NBA, every call will have half the people saying it's about time and the other half saying bad call. Lets hope your post and the New Year bring some changes for the better!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL.....
Old 02-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Back into the hobby after a self imposed time out.  Was more than happy to pay my dues to get back into the club, as it were.  Some thoughts about possible improvements.  With the advent of computers and emails and the such, one would think you could request that the annual card and any other correspondence be sent via electronically.  It could then be photocopied to verify.  I saw someone complain about getting two cards , which seemed like a small issue.  If several thousand people opted for this the cost reduction would be realized , even if minor in calculations. The same would go for the magzine which I missed but it must be expensive to ship with the size and weight.  Perhaps that could be sent electronically. 
Old 12-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Did anybody actually read all of this?
Old 12-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over the past 7 years, ya...I think so. I know at least two people who did.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Seems hard to believe another year is winding down... and a busy one it has been!
Old 11-18-2016, 08:08 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread was started in 2008!..........wow.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

...and there are still those of us who keep track of it, at 8 yrs old. Some things, I guess, are just too good to let go.