RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tuned Pipe throttle question
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:16 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tuned Pipe throttle question

I'm glad you made mention of pulling the plug for a look. If I was track tuning a drag car thats exactly where I would at right now <before I made a jet change> or ignition change for that matter.

I do enjoy learning as much as I can about an engine. Specifically understanding why it reacts as it does. Also I understand trying to help someone tune a power system via the net is daunting at best. Heck I could have a tank vibrating/foaming in the air for all we know!

What you say has a lot of truth to it, tuning that is Konrad. I expect a trade off as there is no free lunch in HP for sure. Move the powerband one way, or another and something may end up suffering.

Funny, one "old-timer" at the field asked me what size motor was on the Kougar, to which I replied "46". To that he asked why a pipe on the motor? My reply was I'm trying to go faster. His retort was I should have just put a 55ax with a Ultra-Thrust muffler on it and been done with it. My reply was "thats too easy, and expensive!... besides now I get to learn about how to tune a pipe". He did agree with me the pipe does look kinda cool on the Kougar as well.

=)