RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Tiger I build
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 07:47 PM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Tiger I build

Rivet,

I am not following you on the 100% part.. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 100%. I will state what I think you mean, to make sure I understood you correctly or not.

"I painted the base colour then added 100% of black or white to the remaining paint". I sprayed my base coat, after which I had an unknown amount of paint left in the jar. I then poured in black or white paint into the base coat jar until the jar was filled. Thus filling the jar to 100% capacity.

"and 100% thinnners". My jar is now full of left over base coat paint, mixed until full with black (or white). I now add 100% thinner to that.. Maybe I am equaling my base coat remainder plus black (or white) with an equal amount of thinner? In essence, mixing my 1st jar with a 2nd jar of an equal amount of thinner (a 50/50% mix).

"then using the base colour again with 100% thinners you paint over your shading". Next I am painting over my shading with a mixture of equals part base yellow and equals part thinner a 50/50 mix of base yellow and thinner?

Did I understand you correctly? Thanks, in advance, for clarifying this.