RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wiring up a sound card.
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:42 AM
STO_118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiring up a sound card.

Ignore the blurb at the top, looks like it copied the header from Word.

Hey YHR couple of simplistic questions for you. Being a mechanical minded person my electronics experience is limited to playing with computers. So I am kinda lost on this whole thing.
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"><meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId"><meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Generator"><meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Originator">

So question time!

1. I take it you are piggy back onto the standard Heng Long speaker and volume control, or are you using the speaker supplied?
  2. I am presuming all a voltage regulator does is...well regulate voltage, in this case reducing it to what the card can handle?
  3. Would it be possible to wire the 123 sound cards power supply to the motors power. Essentially I would be looking for the sound to play when the tank moves and I was thinking perhaps of wiring it into these wires.
  4. I take it the sound card could not be set to play a proportional sound, i.e slow it down when moving slowly, pick it up when moving quickly?

And a final barrage!

Last but least, Iam looking to wire it into a particular type of RX18, not the one with diesel chatter or clanking tracks. Typically this type has a low sound output, would wiring this card affect that?Does it have its own pre-amp or could I fit an amp in-between the RX18 and speakers. If so any recommendations from your experiences and what is the max limit on the stock speaker?

Thank you!

</meta></meta></meta></meta>