RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide

ORIGINAL: MX240

I'll raise my right hand for a illustrated book showing ALL the pop-ups and confusing choices that confront a person on his goal to program a control surface.
Example, if I chose to use the side slider the radio should be smart enough to know I want a variable control from 0 to 100%.
As far as any help from the others.....look how long the 14Z has been out and .....nothing new. The instruction book still talks about changing the 72 frequencys.
I'll leave my $2000 raido in it's case till I get two new planes ready for the install and then I will hit the ''big boys'' hard to help me program this *#* radio.
All contingencies cannot be covered. There are just too many ways to program a model. However, examples will be put out to show basics, and then you'll be able to work with them.

With Futaba, a control's center is 0%. Then, it goes to +100% for the normal directions. That means that a slider will be +100% at one end, 0% in the middle, and +100% at the other. This is easily seen in the AFR screen inside the Model Menu. If you make the settings -100% at the ends of travel, then the servo will move in the reverse direction, similar to moving the reversing setting in the Linkage Menu.

There are a LOT of new FAQ's at the Futaba website for the 12's and 14. Just take a look:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/index.html