RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide

The instruction manual tells you how to operate each function. It does that. What no instruction manual can tell you do to is how to program your airplane. Many, many modelers really have no idea how to program their model. They just jump in and start fiddling with the transmitter without a clear idea of what they want to do. That's why we're doing the programming description the way we're doing them. We're starting out with the setup of one model as an example of how to think about the programming, and then go about getting it done.

I have a digital camera with a lot of options, modes, and settings. The instructions tell how to operate and access each one. They do not tell me how to take great pictures with those options. I can set shutter speed or aperture, or both, and the manual tells me how. It does not tell me what settings are appropriate for a picture I want to take. Same for "film speed" settings, and so forth. I have several books on digital photography to teach me those things.

We're working on getting enough information out so that people can acquire the mindset needed to program the transmitter. Once you're familiar with that, the programming comes naturally and easily, for the most part.

As far as requests for a manual that gives examples of all contingencies.....well, it's not going to happen. The transmitters are just too versatile for that. We can show how to set something up in a general manner, and then the modeler is expected to extrapolate from that to their specific model.