View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12 FG Dummies Guide

profmb,

Just a couple comments on your "plan of action";

1) I would think Futaba, if they are truly interested in their consumers needs, should agree to review the material posted and possibly correlate the [obvious] intent of the particular article with any related acronyms or procedures included in the "manual" and,

2)in general I agree 1000% with your plan of action.

With Regard To the above comments, and to expound on your description of the problem, an example given <-><-><-> when I bought my first new generation Futaba Radio (7C), I wanted to program "exponential" rates for a particular sport model I fly. Other users could tell me how to do it, but the manual does not clearly describe what exponential is in layman's terms...it DOES tell how to program it, but because this was not something commonly available on radios when I quit flying before, and because I never really understood the programming procedure to accomplish it, it took several weeks of reading and comparing notes with what other users had told me to do, to understand where in the menu to go and why to do this or that to accomplish the desired result...THIS is what should be clearer in the Futaba manuals, and it should be in the MANUALS, not solely on the website...IMHO

A little "background" to the situation I gave above as an example; I have 4 programmable Futaba radios purchased within the last two years (7C, 9CS, 10CAG, and 12FG); I've been using Futaba radios for over 30 years, but was on hiatus [from the hobby] for about 18 years until a couple years ago and I also have 4 "other" Futaba radios (older non-computer 72 mhz, including 3 7FGK radios and a PCM 5 channel radio)...I understand that most manufacturers/distributors of equipment are NOT the ones that write the "Dummies" guides, BUT the intuitiveness, outline and description of the things that are included in the Futaba Manuals could be MUCH MUCH MUCH more user friendly and better explained/documented (eg a "dictionary" explaining the technical AND "street" meaning of all the acronyms in the manual)...IMHO.