RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are the Heng Long IR tanks being sold without the IR receiver?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:57 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Are the Heng Long IR tanks being sold without the IR receiver?

ORIGINAL: 204sailor

Dan, I have to agree with Bill on this matter.Both Raidentech and Phil have supplied me with Heng Long tanks (incuding the Stug 3) and they should come with the IR system including the IR ''apple''.IR ready tanks run $10 USD more than airsoft versions,most probably due to the increased electronics.
And I agree with Bill this vendor is just taking advantage of people who might assume that this is the norm.I`m glad that Mr.Gerula asked before buying.

Charlie
I hear you, but I think Bill was thinking that some one was trying to sell tanks without the radio receiver.

When IR tanks first were released there seemed to be two ways to buy them with and without IR receivers. As Perry mentioned, early on, even Mato had the IR receiver as an extra. Lately though on all new stock the IR receiver is included. SO this Vendor may just have some old stock that came from Heng Long early on. Sounds like all in , he is still cheaper then Mato, so I don't see anything sinister going on here, and wouldn't want to blacklist a guy a presenting a different angle to marketing.

Dan